“Another Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Another Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Second time to stay here for business in the past year - this time for 3 nights. As I reviewed previously, nothing new to add - nice room, clean and quiet (even with several pre adolescent soccer teams staying while I was there!) The $5 add on breakfast is still a good deal but the dining room attendant was even less attentive than last time. There is no longer the coffee dispenser and she now brings you a cup of tea of coffee - and she seemed in no hurry or even to care. This seems like such an easy fix, so I am not sure what the issue is. Other than this no complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lawrence H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh-North, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our guests feedback is an important training tool for the Staff, to ensure that our guests are always taken care of, for their entire stay. We strive for excellence and in improving both the levels of service and product here. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I spent four nights here. The staff were all friendly and quickly assisted me with any queries. The breakfast had a reasonable range. The only negative was the pool wasn't opening until memorial day and it was over 30 degrees Celsius for a couple of days. Definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an on-line review. we appreciate your kind words. I will share them with our team members. Hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, super-clean room, fitness center, complimentary newspapers. Our only complaint is that the pillows, although sporting cases embroidered with the word "firm," were wimpy. Other than that, this was the best non-luxury hotel we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such positive feedback! We have enjoyed having you stay at the Holiday Inn Raleigh North. Please let us know the next time you stay with us so we can provide you with some extra pillows, it is our pleasure to serve our guests.
Franklin, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We are loyal Hilton Honors members. Typically I would gladly pay more in order to know what I am getting when I travel. Hampton and Hilton hotels are always reliable and their customer service is superb. After this last experience, I will defer to this philosophy......

I coordinate several spirit teams and our coach made reservations at this Holiday Inn for a local competition. I decided that I would go ahead and stay where they were staying because I was having to transport one athlete myself. I went through cheaptickets.com to purchase the one night stay. It was non refundable but cheaper than their group rate. We ended up having to back out of the competition due to a schedule conflict with our basketball team who was playing in the state finals, and I was thus left with the room reservation. Since I was already going to be in Raleigh, I figured I'd use the night since I paid for it.

In all fairness, the hotel itself is great. This review isn't about it's cleanliness, etc... I thought it was a decent hotel with an extraordinary restaurant on site.

I digress....

When I checked out the next morning, I didn't even look at my receipt. To be honest, with Hilton, I don't even need to check out. I just dropped my keys off and left, especially since I had already paid for the night several weeks ago.

When I got home though, I realized they had charged me for the hotel night in addition to the money I paid cheaptickets. In essence, I paid $230.00 for a one night stay in a Holiday Inn. I didn't freak though, I called the manager, thinking it's a easy fix. I mean CLEARLY, I paid cheaptickets several weeks prior. I gladly sent the manager a copy of my confirmation email from cheaptickets and figured I'd be credited with the next day or so. WRONG!

It took an entire MONTH!!! yes a MONTH!!! To get a credit that I CLEARLY deserved. I had to contact the manager by phone several times and sent several emails, since at one point I gave up on thinking I would get the refund and wanted to document a paper trail.

When I finally did get my refund, I find out that the refund took so long because their corporate office is located out of the country. No explanation other than that, and no offer of a free night, compensation, etc.... NOTHING.

I don't beg or barter. I figure if you have stellar customer service you will get my business, and I travel A LOT. I also have a big mouth and I like to tell people about my experiences, both good and bad.

Because of this incident, I will never stay at a Holiday Inn or a Holiday Inn Brand hotel ever......If you are staying at Holiday Inn's, be aware of their customer service and know that refunds, even when it's the hotel's error, may take more than a month to obtain. For those who can't afford to have their credit cards tied up, this could have been very inconvenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Raleigh-North, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear CoachJTL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced surrounding the charges placed on your card and we certainly regret the difficulties this matter has caused you.

I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in the Holiday Inn Raleigh North Capital Blvd, NC Hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I am back in the area for business, been trying out a few hotels, trying to find one to call home away from home. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and breakfast in the morning was tasty. After I left I realized I had forgotten a few important items, I have done this before at other hotels and it was like pulling teeth trying to get my items back to me. When I called, I spoke to the manager, I think his name was Horris? He said he would check with housekeeping and get back to me. To my surprise he called me back in 5 minutes! When I arrived back to the hotel for my things- Veronica, the housekeeping manager was there to give me my things, very nice & very attentive staff, I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write an on-line review. we appreciate your kind words. I will share them with our team members. We hope that when work brings you back to the area you will be able to stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This experience was a Nightmare from the beginning! The staff at the front desk had an attitude from the moment I said Hello...First impressions DO matter. Got to my room is was average..Then when I called to get my wake-up call set, no one answered the phone for over 20 minutes, I had to go downstairs to get my call set-NOT convenient! The next night the noise on the floor above me was so loud i thought the ceiling was going to fall on me, Again I called down to the desk and no one answered, so I walked downstairs, because it was going on midnight and was not stopping,
the Manager on Duty said he would take care of it, but it was still going on an hour later.
After 2 nights of very little sleep I was feeling very frustrated as I still had 3 more nights to endure, I shared my concerns with the staff at the desk...hoping I would get to sleep some....Well the Nightmare continued...Mayhem broke out on my floor, people were screaming from one end of the hall to the other, slamming doors-screaming, fighting.....i called downstairs, NO ONE answered, so I left my room yet again to go downstairs having to wade through the obnoxious people on this floor... I get down there the young man at the desk was swamped....people checking in, phones ringing...I told him the noise was out of control, and he said "I'm the only one here and you need to give me a few minutes and Ill try to take care of it" I understand and was patient but we are going on Midnight for the 2nd night in a row...
it never stopped, I went back down and asked for a number that I could call because I was fed up...he said " did you book directly through us? or a 3rd party? WHAT DOES THAT MATTER? then when I told him I booked through HOTWIRE... He didnt have one and that I could check with the AM staff maybe they had one.
I searched and found and called Holiday Inn and told the Customer service REP, My next phone call was to the Local police....she assured me she was going to take care of it...Keep in mind its now almost 1 am. It only got worse so i went downstairs, Cops were called and finally at 2 am I got to got to bed... The next night wasnt as bad but overall very noisy place...

I know they will comment on here saying how sorry they are yada yada yada, But what has really upset me is The management at this location obviously doesnt care about their guest or their concerns Because I have left 4 messages for Angela the GM and have yet to receive a return Call..
THAT IS WHY I WILL NOT BE BACK TO THIS LOCATION!
I STILL EXPECT SOMEONE TO CALL ME regarding my experience

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Raleigh-North, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Angie K,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Rasheen Glasgow was amazing. Amazing service. Amazing personality. Amazing customer service. Made me feel at home. Was available for all requests and did everything in a timely fashion. Food was delicious. Drinks were on point. The customer service couldn't have been better. Rasheen did a marvelous job.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Daisy,

I have passed along the kind words. Thank you for your detailed review, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at The Holiday Inn and look forward to Welcoming you back soon.