“Nasty hotel close to everything!! Terrible”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #62 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nasty hotel close to everything!! Terrible”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is nasty. Silverfish bugs in the dresser. Cigarette burns on the bedspread in a non smoking room. No dishes, cups etc..... Room smelled like marijuana! Great staff! ! Nasty nasty hotel. Should be called motel 6!! Yuck.....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Pinkey98
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I’m glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Still, I apologize for the level of cleanliness and odors in your room. I’m working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that your experience is not repeated.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had to stay here during the ice storm that we had since our power was out. This was the closest hotel we could find that was pet friendly and had a full size fridge and freezer for our food that we were trying to save. This wasn't the most ideal place but it worked and we were grateful for what we had. They called shortly after we got in the room and asked if we needed anything. They did provide us with a few toiletry items that we had forgotten. The bad is the shower leaked water from the bathroom all the way into the kitchen, we were always short washcloths and they were always trying to wash some and get them to us but they never came. Also they were supposed to have a grab and go type of breakfast that started at 6am and I would always stick around to see if they would open before I had to go to work and they were never open by 6:10 and by that point I was going to be late if I waited any longer so I never got to get any of it....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Brandi – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had problems with your shower and that you did not have enough washcloths. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast was not available at our posted times. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. I hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Linglestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We chose this hotel since it was pet friendly and close to our family's house for a weekend visit. When calling in the reservation I spoke with the Manager who we informed we'd be arriving late since we're making an 8 hour drive in that night. When we arrived no one was there. They have an after hours check in phone from the 80's outside that rings to an answering service who was not helpful, had us waiting 40 mins when they said someone was coming and no one did, plus it was under 30 degrees that evening! We ended up waiting almost an hour until a Laundry Worker was able to let us into our room.. which my very pregnant body was exhausted and ready for sleep.

The room itself was moderately clean. There were stains on the sheets and pillowcases, hair sticking in the shower from the previous guest (gross), and the carpets were dirty. The noise level was loud, especially on Saturday night with construction workers of some sort conversing and being loud after hitting up a local bar making our dog go nuts and us not to sleep. Our card also was disabled for no reason mid visit as were many other guests of the hotel. When stopping in to the front desk we were greeted with a trainee who was on her first day, not being helped by anyone else, who had no idea how to fix the issue.

Overall, don't do it. There were plenty of other hotels within walking distance in the same price range with better reviews aka where we'll be staying the next time we visit family.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.. not this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I loved the customer service during check-in, including the pleasant banter. The area was a good location and very quiet. The grounds were clean, the bed was comfy and the coffee had a rich flavor. It got me going for the rest of my day!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Buckeyeoiho
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet and comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff, our coffee and our convenient location. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the near future.
jacksonville, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Dirty kitchen bath and room. Had to struggle with door to lock. No maid service. No toiletries. No extra blankets (heater was very slow to warm..slept in jacket). Too dirty to cook or eat in room. Overall gross. Will NEVER stay at hotel (ESA) again. .....Will pay more or even overpay to avoid it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Lisa D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Lisa - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please know, we offer housekeeping services once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights, and upon request for a minimal fee. As well, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, they are available at the front desk for guests to enjoy. I will work with our staff to ensure these messages are being communicated better moving forward and on improving our cleaning services overall so that guest rooms are in line with our company's high level of cleanliness standards.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at 919-510-8551, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2014

It was only an overnight but that staff couldn't be nicer. I got there well before check-in but since they had a room, they never gave me a hassle. Really helped me freshen up before my lunch. Kathy was informative and really cared. Now, I realize that might not have happened had it been a full weekend but the fact that she didn't rely on "strict rules", made me smile. Room was clean, wifi worked as described and there was even some coffee and breakfast on the run as I left.......could've stayed a few extra days....nice place!!h, and soak in the relaxing locale thru trees and landscaping as you come down off Rt. 70......very appealing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vincent D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Vincent - Thank you for your so much for the recent review of our property. I am proud of our team for making your stay a pleasant one. As well, the area is beautiful so I glad you had the chance to pass through.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've been staying at the Extended stay Raleigh Crabtree for several weeks now and my stay has been extremely enjoyable. The rooms are very nice and clean, nice flat screen TV full size refrigerator and nice little breakfast and coffee in the morning. The staff has been extremely courteous and helpful and has always gone above and beyond for me. This has been one of the most pleasant stays that I've ever had. Kathy the general manager has always gone out of her way to help me with any of my needs and has always been extremely friendly and very professional I'm just want to thank her as well as the rest of the staff for making my stay so enjoyable :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MikeMad713
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that your expectations were met with the cleanliness and amenities of our suites. Also, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided great customer service during your stay. I will share this with everyone so they are aware of the impact they have on our guests. Home away from home is our goal.