“Friendly, Great location, Pets Welcome”

Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #65 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I originally booked at La Quinta around the corner. I usually stay there because they don't charge a pet fee and I get rewards for a free night. I stopped at the rest area on I-95 and got a coupon book, so I decided to check out a couple hotels that were much cheaper. I have heard of Extended Stay before but not their Homestead Studio counter parts. I saved almost $80.00's on two nights, I would of saved $130.00 had I not paid their $25.00 per night pet fee. I got a studio with full size fridge, microwave, sink, dishes, pots and silverware. I liked the fact that it only had one Queen size bed instead of two. I usually get a king for my dog and I but they were quite a bit more expensive because the coupon was for Queen only. The coupon was for $45.99 plus tax and pet fee total for two nights $153.86 instead of the other hotel I had previously booked at $225.00 and change. Granted this hotel had the old style TV not flat screen, and not as fancy but I was satisfied with adequate accommodations being the I was not in the room very much, and it was clean, quite, and safe. The location was a little over 5 miles from the PNC Arena, where I needed to go for a concert, less than a mile to the Crabtree Mall and less than 5 miles to downtown. I didn't go to North Hills shopping area but that was only a few miles as well. Drawbacks? 1. You only get a couple bars of soap, but I always bring my own shampoos etc. 2. no hair dryer, but I didn't need it. 3. The door opens to parking lot. Nice to load and unload but being a lady traveling alone, I prefer to go into a lobby and enter my room from inside the hotel. 4. Bed was a bit hard for my liking 5. No elevator 6. No pool, but it was too cold outside so I didn't miss it.

Room Tip: Ground floor room, no elevator!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Homestead-Crabtree, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. It was a great pleasure for me to read your comments regarding your stay.

We strive to create a memorable, “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expected.
It was our pleasure to serve you while you were here, and we look forward to your next stay at Homestead Studio Suites. If you haven't already, I also encourage you to any of our other Extended Stay Hotels.

Sarah C. Hummell
919-510-8551
hwy@extendedstay.com

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is my first experience at an Extended Stay and honestly I was concerned after reading the reviews, but I needed this location and now I am pleasantly surprised. Staff has been friendly and accommodating. I feel safe getting in/out or leaving my car.Plumbing-great water pressure.Room was clean,(not by hospital standards),but nothing I could complain about.What I like is the location, I am 5 minutes from Brier Creek,5 minutes from Cary,5 minutes from downtown Raleigh. Plus, I can walk to Crab Tree Valley Mall (great restaurants and shopping). I would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms furnishings needs to be updated, but for the price unbeatable!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Homestead-Crabtree, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing Homestead Crabtree. We value your comments so we can improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Homestead Studio Suites Raleigh - Crabtree Valley.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

It claims to be a two star, but Homestead Suites on Blusestone Drive has five star service. The staff, no matter the time, was so helpful and great that I actually found myself never wanting to leave. The rates are amazing, the rooms are airy and clean, and I would choose this hotel over any other...any day of the week.

• Stayed: September 2012
Homestead-Crabtree, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. It means a lot to us, when our guests appreciate our efforts to deliver great customer service. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were here, and we look forward to your next stay at Homestead Studio Suites. If you haven't already, I encourage you to any of our other Extended Stay Hotels.

Sarah C. Hummell
919-510-8551
hwy@extendedstay.com

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I was very disappointed. The non smoking room smelled like cigarettes throughout my stay since the buildings are both smoking and non smoking. The smoke sneaks in through the bathroom and closing the bathroom door does not help at all. I never felt clean because everything smelled like cigarettes. Even the carpet felt grungy. Also, during my stay the water was turned off and when it turned back on the water was brown. You get what you pay for. If you are a smoker, this is your dream hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
roadwarriornc, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Durham - Research Triangle Park. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room, I will research the issue further concerning the air flow. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We always stay here, we have for years, this year we stayed here three separate times! The room rate covers a room that is an efficiency apartment which means it has a mini kitchen. We have cooked complete meals, but there are enough good restaurants nearby that we don't need to cook. There is no pool, breakfast, or other ammenities which we don't want to pay for anyway. The room is clean, not huge but not claustrophobic either, linens changed as frequently as you wish; the staff is courteous, friendly, and helpful; the laundry facility is on-site and reasonable; the property is located in a quiet area with no road noise; even though the hotel is pet friendly, we have never found fault with any room. We cannot think of a reason not to stay here and we sure save money on the room rate each night!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Raleigh - Crabtree Valley. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location

Reviewed March 16, 2012

The grounds were an eye sore, not very inviting. I was given a room, checked it out, it was unacceptable. They gave me another room, it was better, so I took it. I'd requested a non-smoking, but it was as if I had a smoker in the room. It came through the vents and filled the room. The beds were like sleeping on a rock. They only give you (2) wash cloths. I guess one for your face and one for your body. If there are two people in the room, oh well. You can only have two at a time. I was suppose to stay three nights. Of course I checked out after the first one. Do you think the gave me the a refund for that miserable night, not hardly. It will never happen again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JAS238
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The room was nice & clean, when I 1st arrived. I like to clean my own room, after that. The staff is friendly & helpful. I'm a very private person. My privacy was respected. I've been staying here for awhile, but have decided to move on. I never had any problems here. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. If I return to Raleigh, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business