“amazing staff, quiet location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
“amazing staff, quiet location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

It claims to be a two star, but Homestead Suites on Blusestone Drive has five star service. The staff, no matter the time, was so helpful and great that I actually found myself never wanting to leave. The rates are amazing, the rooms are airy and clean, and I would choose this hotel over any other...any day of the week.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Homestead-Crabtree, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. It means a lot to us, when our guests appreciate our efforts to deliver great customer service. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were here, and we look forward to your next stay at Homestead Studio Suites. If you haven't already, I encourage you to any of our other Extended Stay Hotels.

Sarah C. Hummell
919-510-8551
hwy@extendedstay.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I was very disappointed. The non smoking room smelled like cigarettes throughout my stay since the buildings are both smoking and non smoking. The smoke sneaks in through the bathroom and closing the bathroom door does not help at all. I never felt clean because everything smelled like cigarettes. Even the carpet felt grungy. Also, during my stay the water was turned off and when it turned back on the water was brown. You get what you pay for. If you are a smoker, this is your dream hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
roadwarriornc, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Durham - Research Triangle Park. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room, I will research the issue further concerning the air flow. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

green valley, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We always stay here, we have for years, this year we stayed here three separate times! The room rate covers a room that is an efficiency apartment which means it has a mini kitchen. We have cooked complete meals, but there are enough good restaurants nearby that we don't need to cook. There is no pool, breakfast, or other ammenities which we don't want to pay for anyway. The room is clean, not huge but not claustrophobic either, linens changed as frequently as you wish; the staff is courteous, friendly, and helpful; the laundry facility is on-site and reasonable; the property is located in a quiet area with no road noise; even though the hotel is pet friendly, we have never found fault with any room. We cannot think of a reason not to stay here and we sure save money on the room rate each night!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Raleigh - Crabtree Valley. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

The grounds were an eye sore, not very inviting. I was given a room, checked it out, it was unacceptable. They gave me another room, it was better, so I took it. I'd requested a non-smoking, but it was as if I had a smoker in the room. It came through the vents and filled the room. The beds were like sleeping on a rock. They only give you (2) wash cloths. I guess one for your face and one for your body. If there are two people in the room, oh well. You can only have two at a time. I was suppose to stay three nights. Of course I checked out after the first one. Do you think the gave me the a refund for that miserable night, not hardly. It will never happen again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JAS238
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

The room was nice & clean, when I 1st arrived. I like to clean my own room, after that. The staff is friendly & helpful. I'm a very private person. My privacy was respected. I've been staying here for awhile, but have decided to move on. I never had any problems here. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. If I return to Raleigh, I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I recently visited a friend in Raleigh while he was there for some extended training for work. Since he was there for a long period of time and wanted to cut costs as he owns his own business, he was staying at the Homestead Suites in Crabtree Valley.

Now, let me make this clear - places like this completely skeeve me out, and I dont trust the cleanliness of the linens, towels, etc. - even if they "look" clean at first glance (as I'm sure they'd look like a rorschach inkblot test if I put them under a blacklight). I highly considered - and almost booked - a room at a "nicer" hotel downtown figuring that it would just be a quick drive to his area. Ultimately, I decided it would be nothing short of foolish to do something like that and risked booking at the Homestead Suites so that we would be at the same location.

We originally booked at the one in "North Raleigh" (its on a street named "Appliance Court.") DO NOT stay at that one. My buddy - being there on business - arrived in Raleigh about two weeks before I did. He switched to the Crabtree address after his first night. He told me the area was really bad and there were crazy people screaming and shouting outside all night. We joked and I told him he should have slept in the bathtub with a German Shepherd and a machine gun like Will Smith in "I am legend." Anyway - he moved out of there immediately. Apparently it was really bad, don't book there. As for the Crabtree location - it suited our needs. I did not bring my wife, it was just my buddy (former college roommate) and myself for a guys weekend as we live in different parts of the country and dont see each other too often. We are in our early thirties. To be candid - the place is a no frills motel. The room itself was clean enough, though showing signs of age (chipped counters, small amounts of peeling paint in places, and an old school TV). They do not provide shampoo (unless maybe you specifically ask for it, but its not in the room upon arrival), but do provide two bars of soap (and I'm sure more if you ask for it). I definitely would bring your own pillowcase and consider sleeping on top of the sheets (I slept under the very thin, seemingly harmless comforter but on top of the sheets). I am sort of a germ-ophobe though, so that was perhaps an overly cautious move.

To make a long story short - good place to simply sleep and shower if you are looking to save money. Its a REALLY good deal - charging you $59.00 a night for a single room with a queen sized bed, kitchenette, and bathroom. However, if you are taking a vacation in the Raleigh region (I have no idea why anyone would ever do that, but whatever) or simply visiting someone for a night or two, its a decent place to stay and cut some costs. Its safe and gives you what you need. That being said, I would never have booked there if I had been staying with my wife - she probably wouldn't have had a problem with it, but I wouldn't have wanted her to have to put up with it. Three stars because you get exactly what you pay for, its not like they are acting like there is an olympic pool and tennis courts out back. The staff that I dealt with (limited interactions) were all very courteous and professional. The place is a motel and will save you some bucks which was fine with me.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back building are probably quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

stopped at homestead suites for the night, as we were traveling thru Raleigh. This is the first time i have ever written a terrible review regarding a hotel!. room was dirty, floor not swept, cobwebs and dirt on floor, rug needed cleaning! overall condition of the room was terrible. Price of the room was good, but not good enough to stay in!, spent 1 hr and after 1 hr my husband and I just left. got a hotel down the street on hotwire for the same price and very very nice!. I even wondered if the bed sheets had been changed!.I believe I would stay in my car rather then stay at a homestead suite hotel! We did not ask for our money back, just left. Didn't even want to take my shoes off!

Room Tip: ask to see a hotel room, if not familar with a hotel, especially if it is a place never stayed at be...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple