Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road
Ranked #68 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have stayed here twice before, both times in July 2010, and the rooms smelled bad and seemed semi-clean yet I stayed because it's cheap and convenient for my work travels. The room only costs $60 so I decided to be cheap and book it. This time I was hoping for a better experience but no such luck. Upon entering the room, I smelled cigarettes and a samp musty odor (again). I paid $10 extra for a sofa bed but the pillowcase had a yellow stain and there were no sheets on the pull out couch. Hard mattress, old fashioned, typical motel decor. The front desk staff was unfriendly and just plain grumpy every stay. I would not recommend this hotel. Internet costs an extra $5. Spend a little extra money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 6, 2010

It was a quick and suppose to be short stay and ended in almost 09 months stay at a very nice place until my apartment came available in April. The only thing I missed out on was i still lost a few hundred dollars you dont get back because of the apartment stay program. ther than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Room is of the extended stay type. Mini kitchen etc. found a coupon for $39/night. Watch out for internet charge of $5. Front desk did wave it for me.

Room was somewhat beatup although clean. the counter was cracked. The full kitchen was missing some basic stuff. They had a coffee maker with no coffee cups (not even disposable). Only one fork (good thing I didn't have my wife with me;-}

Overall a cheap stay that was clean. I'll go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was my third stay at Homestead while visiting family. My sister had invited me to lodge with her and her husband in their brand new, gorgeous, luxurious villa at the Cypress of Raleigh. She had visited me at Homestead during my previous two visits, so she completely understood (and graciously forgave me) when I stated that I would rather stay at Homestead, which I now consider to be "my home away from home." The north Raleigh location is perfect for my needs and is convenient to the inner beltline, which is great if you're brave enough to travel on it (I'm not, mainly because I have a really strong survival instinct). The rooms always look and smell squeaky clean. And absolutely everything I require in order to be comfortable is provided. I especially appreciate the in-room coffee pot (with coffee and condiments) and the iron/ironing board, which I use more than mine at home. Plus the management didn't evict me during my first visit when I brought my very loving but vocal beagle Jill with me. This place is THE BEST, and I dearly love both management and staff because they're the ones who make it so special. You just have to stay here sometime and discover it all for yourself!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Recently booked by employer for a business trip. On first glance the exterior and location you think this is not so bad but do not be fooled by this books cover. The receptionist Tanisha was rude disrespectful, annoyed to have customers to deal with. The room was non-smoking but smelled like a trash can / ashe tray combo in someones basement. The bed linen was stained yellow it also had a questionable odor. We were only allowed 3 towels and 3 washcloths for a double room and when we notified the front desk Tanisha about the dirty bed linen we were told she could not "walk all the way over there right now" to provie fresh. One hour later at 10:30pm we walked to the office ourselves to get linen and were told "I only got 2 clean pillowcases, I don't got any sheets right now, I can't help I'm here by myself all nite". The place was dirty, disgusting, there were bugs, the refrig. leaked water all over the floor, but with the 4 of us we couldn't sacrfice one of 3 towels to put down. What a mess never ever would I recommend it to anyone nor would myself or my co-worker ever consider staying ther again. As for Tanisha I am curious would you sleep on those sheets in your home? Thank goodness we did not have children with us.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Stayed there for one night. Amenities are ok, there is a refrigerator, stove, microwave, some utensils, coffee maker. It was relatively quiet at night. Now to the bad things. Everything stinks badly, tobacco smoke throughout, bed sheets have yellow stains, feel and smell damp. Carpet was dirty. Not a relaxing stay as advertised.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 11, 2007

One word BEDBUGS !!! I woke up scratching and had one attached to me, was informed by their insurance company the exterminator said it was bedbugs... has been 3 wks and their insurance company has not responded back...

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ldale
Travelers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh - Wake Towne Drive
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Crabtree Valley
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Northeast
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#61 of 87 in Raleigh
Super 8 Raleigh North East

Been to Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North - Wake Forest Road? Share your experiences!