“Trot on over to Dead Broke Farm”
Review of Dead Broke Farm

Dead Broke Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Dead Broke Farm has a 110 acres of wood trails and more than 75 horses for all experience levels.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter had a wonderful time at DBF where she took part in a summer camp this week with a couple of her friends. She certainly enjoyed riding the horses on the trails - learning to trot was her favorite! What she enjoyed most however was learning all about caring for the horses. When she would get home each afternoon she would talk on and on about how much she enjoyed grooming her horse, and getting all the food out and ready each day. Not only did she learn to ride horses this week, but she also came away with an understanding and appreciation of all it takes to care for horses. She is already asking when she can come back to DBF!

1  Thank Cucmber4343
There are newer reviews for Dead Broke Farm

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter had a great time at a week long horse camp here! She loves the trail ride in the morning and then a wagon ride in the afternoon! Lots of time with the different animals. This year two of the horses had foals, which was very exciting! She came home hot, tired and VERY HAPPY everyday!

1  Thank LBall272
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is our 3rd year of Summer camp at the farm. My kids do a variety of summer activities, but they are most excited about their time at Dead Broke. There is something magical about the experience. So many camps are planned down to the minute and seem 'sterile'. At Dead Broke the kids have a structured ride in the morning. But, then they have free time in the afternoon until either a second ride or a wagon ride. They love the animals, they know many horses by name. They love the people, and respect what they say to keep them safe. They love the dirt (and yes, even the 'horse smell'.) The kids come home VERY happy and Very tired. It's a win-win for the family!

1  Thank janet w
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My 10 year old daughter loves summer camp at Dead Broke Horse Farm. She has been attending camp there for 4 years now. She looks forward to it every summer! Her favorite part is helping the workers and volunteers with the horses. When I picked my daughter up after the first day of camp, she told me that I came too early. She wanted to stay and help Miss Rosie feed the horses. Of course I let her stay a little longer, and I got to watch her work! She was having a blast! My daughter also enjoys all of the other farm animals. There are many dogs, cats, chickens and bunnies. Both my daughter and I highly recommend Dead Broke Horse Farm to all!

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My daughter is 6 years old and attended 2 weeks of summer camp at Dead Broke Farm. This is her first time riding and hanging out on a farm and she loves it! She is an animal lover and this is a great place to be up close and personal with many different animals. She will follow Mr. George around in the morning and ask him tons of questions as he does his work. This is a rustic farm that makes you feel like you are far from the city, yet it so close to the city. She was nervous to ride at first, but they kept encouraging her and she is now comfortable and enjoys riding. It is definitely a great place to get dirty and have fun. So often our children spend their time inside or participating in activities that have no freedom. It is nice to be able to go to the farm and help with the animals, take a couple of trail rides a day and just enjoy being a kid. I am so happy to have found this camp for my daughter and we will return again.

1  Thank Sharon C

Been to Dead Broke Farm? Share your experiences!