“Good place for brunch, but oyster nights…...”
Review of Paparazzi Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Paparazzi Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Falls of Neuse Road
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We've been trying all the Raleigh restaurants at least once for Sunday brunch and we've actually gone back to Paparazzi a couple of times. It's fairly expensive and the brunch is not that well laid out (it's spread around the room), but the food is fresh, delicious and we wish we would have gone here for Father's Day instead of it's neighbor. I never thought I would like a white pizza, but oh my gosh, it's great---lots of garlic and the crust is crispy from the wood fire. The desserts are made in house and we wish we could have many of the recipes. Oyster night is a good idea, but hey guys, here in the South, we eat our oysters with saltine crackers. There wasn't a cracker of any kind to be had in the restaurant, which we thought was odd, so unless they change things, bring your own! We haven't had pasta here yet, nor have we tried the meatballs. Good place to take out of towners. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Tagliatelle is always good as are the meatballs and pizza but the specials are Hit or miss. Half price Wednesday wines are great.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Paparazzi is an elite dining experience. Our first visit was last night and definitely will not be our last. From their daily specials including a to-die-for mussel and crab appetizer to their fresh pastas to their wood-fired pizzas, there is nothing not to like. The restaurant decorum is very attractive and appropriate for family, business, or romantic outings. They have a nice looking bar and a small room that can be closed off (with a fireplace) for small group dinners of about 12 - 18. I love everything about the restaurant and will be back many times.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Really, really enjoyed a beautiful lunch here. Beautiful restaurant, top-notch service, and excellent food both visually and flavor. I went for lunch with a friend and look forward to trying it for dinner.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

As my date and I were driving past Lafayette Village, we decided to stop in to pick up some pastries at a place that turned out to be closed. As we walked around the village, we noticed this Italian restaurant called Paparazzi. We ventured in to eat. The hostess was missing in action when we walked in but soon arrived. Her instructions to us was that we did need reservations for the dining room but we were welcome to sit at the bar or pizza bar. We opted for the bar due to the flat screen televisions available. Not to mention to order some cocktails. The décor was nice and comfortable with the usual Italian accents throughout the restaurant. When we sat at the bar the bartender Keith was readily available to attend to our needs. We order cocktails first then an appetizer of stuffed mushroom. It was plenty for two people. I ordered the grilled chicken mixed green salad with lemon vinegarette. My date ordered the lobster ravioli in white sauce. He sent it back because he said it was too lemony. I tasted it but didn't feel the same however everybody taste buds are different. Keith was a sport and was happy to remove the dish and offer suggestions of replacement entrees. My date decided on the spaghetti which was quite filling. All meals were tasty and their presentation was appealing to the eyes. I would certainly recommend this restaurant because of it's location and great customer service. Hopefully next time we can experience the dining room.