“Terrific BBQ - friendly efficient service - a bit frenetic”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Carolina Ale House

Carolina Ale House
Ranked #117 of 1,444 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United States
“Terrific BBQ - friendly efficient service - a bit frenetic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

So we did not realize this was a sports bar with gigantic TVs lining every room. But we were hungry and the reviews looked good - we were glad we stopped by as the BBQ platter was terrific (great sauce) they allowed to substitute mixed veggies for cole slaw so we were jazzed about that. Ample parking - the menu was a bit limited but there seemed to be a good selection of burgers and sandwiches.

• Visited November 2013

Wilson, North Carolina
“Very Shocked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have heard mixed reviews about Carolina Ale House and I probably would not have tried it if a friend didnt want to meet here, but I am glad I did. I ate a burger with blue cheese and bacon and it was ridiculously good. The burger could not have been cooked better. It was one of the best sports bars I have ever been into.

• Visited October 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is one of the nicest bar to hang out with friends. It is very spacious, food is great! Admittedly, it is a little bit noisy, but hey that's the bar you don't go with your girl friends. High recommend!

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Nothing Special Nothing Bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

A good ale house, had the wings nothing fantastic but were good. Waitstaff were very busy but kept our table well supplied with water, beer and napkins. Had the house special ale, nice beer; again nothing special nothing bad.

Visited October 2013
Iowa
“Good Sports Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have now been to this place twice and will keep coming back. Lots of TV's with games always playing and the atmosphere is what you should expect at a good sports bar. Good food and good beer and lots of it. There are tons of draft beers to chose from as well as bottles. Typical sports bar menu from wings to burgers to sando's. I had the Chicken Quesadilla with an Amber Ale for around 14 bucks without tip. Service could be a tad better, but I sat at the bar and it was busy, so I wasnt too worried about it.

• Visited September 2013