“Nice neighborhood spot”
Review of Ciago's Italian Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Ciago's Italian Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Ciagos is the collaboration of local builder Bobby Lewis and restaurateur Chris Candes. Chris owned the Hillsborough Street establishment Two Guys restaurant for 35 years and is joined by his son-in law and daughter in their newest venture. It is a local family who strives to bring great quality homemade food and a relaxing atmosphere. When you are here you will be treated like family, whether sitting on our covered patio or at the 20 plus seat bar with HD TVs.
raleigh nc
“Nice neighborhood spot”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped in for dinner on the way to the movies recently. It's a comfortable spot, nothing trendy or flashy which is just fine. There is plenty of that on Glenwood South a few blocks over. The service was quite good. The salads and pizza while tasty were perfectly average. I wouldn't make a special trip to return, but would eat here again if I was in the mood for old school Italian and in the area.

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ended up here because the restaurant we were going to had a long wait.. So glad we did! It was delicious!! The service was fast and awesome. The food was yummy. And the price was just right. I would definitely recommend it!

• Visited August 2013
Raleigh
“Delicious pizza in a neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Ciagos is one of my favorite pizza places. The ingredients are very fresh, and their homemade blue cheese dressing is very good. We get take out mostly, but when we do eat there, the service is very good. We also like the dog friendly patio

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good neighborhood spot”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Ciago's is a good, friendly, reliable small family restaurant. I frequently meet friends there for lunch. It makes no pretense of being upscale, but the Italian-American food is well prepared, and the staff is very accommodating. I especially like the mussels and also the tomato-basil soup. Convenient central location , adequate parking. Will keep in going there.

• Visited April 2013
Cary, NC 27511
“Above average Italian fare”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had not tried Ciago's before. I found a Groupon offer for an essentially free pizza. Could not pass it up. The owner used to be a half owner of Two Guy's, a regular hangout for the NC State University crowd. I had previously enjoyed pizza there so I decided to give it a try. The pizza was good and we returned several weeks later to try different menu items.

I tend to judge how much I like and want to return to an Italian restaurant by their veal parmigiana, or their chicken parmigiana, if veal is not on the menu. The menu listed eggplant and chicken parm. I ordered the chicken parm and found it excellent. They use their own homemade marinara sauce which was different from, and much better than, the standard sauces used by the typical Italian chain franchises.

My better half, miss M, not as much the carnivore, ordered pumpkin ravioli, obiously a seasonal dish. She had never had this version of the endless ravioli varieties extant and raved about it for the next hour or so.

Most of the fare consists of burgers and pizzas. There is ample outdoor seating and it is off the main drag in Raleigh. Many of the other patrons seemed to know each other so I assume that there is a "regular crowd". The atmosphere is homey and I recommend giving it a try

• Visited October 2012