“Hits the spot on a cold evening”
Review of Capital Club 16

Capital Club 16
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Club 16 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We came in after attending a show at the Progress Energy Center, the Club was nicely crowded but not too loud. It is small, decor is a mishmash of deer racks, German beer items, and funky wallpaper - which adds to the charm. We were probably the oldest patrons there, but had heard the food was good and we were not disappointed by either the food or the friendliness of the bartender. Menu is a little limited, but nice variety of options to please carnivores and vegetarians. We opted for the smoked trout chowder, which was excellent! Filled with the perfect blend of trout, onions, and potatos, it really fit the bill for a cold evening. We paired the chowder with their beef brisket sliders, which also came with the right touch of horseradish. Looking forward to trying this little gem again.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just had lunch at the Capital Club 16. Food was wonderful. Nicely presented & the salmon was delicious. I was a little disappointed in the serving size. I felt the actual piece of salmon and the salad in general was a little in the skimpy side. However what I had was wonderful, perhaps that is why I wanted more. My fiend had the special catfish sandwich and she really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, but if you are relly hungry have a sandwich. Although the other salads looked larger, perhaps it was the end of the special. Waite staff was very friendly and the maitre 'd was extremely friendly

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I love this place..... Food is excellent the bar came from Luchows in NYC
My husband likes the German fare and Beers on tap
I like the lavender lemonade and vegetarian dishes... Including an amazing pimento cheese crostini with fig! Delicious!!!!! I go back every time we are in Raleigh

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Everything is prepared with great care and finesse. The menu is limited, but daily specials are always interesting and the permanent offerings are flawlessly prepared. Service is friendly and efficient and the general atmosphere is warm and inviting and convivial. A favorite.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Over the last year and a half, I've eaten at this downtown gem 3 times, twice for lunch and once for dinner. Each time, I've had great food at a reasonable price. The menu is not long but it still seems to have something for everyone. We started with Shanny Fries (crisp and nicely herbed) with 3 aiolis in which to dip them. My wife then went with the baked mac and cheese (she raved about it) and I went with the striped bass (a wonderful blend of flavors in the sauce with just a hint of mustard peeking through) which came with a very tasty vegetable medley. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable (although for a place as small as this is I think he could have been a tad more attentive on the water; but then again, I drink faster than most people). While the decor is simple, the place always feels warm and inviting with a nice retro feel. And the fact that it is only a few blocks from the Progress Energy Center makes it a good place to go before a concert or show. All in all, this is a wonderful place to get a reasonably priced meal and, as I said in the tag line, I just need to remember to go there more often. By the way, the server told us they will be changing the menu, a seasonal thing, in a few weeks. Sounds like a good reason to go back.