“Great experience”

Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here on business. The place is new and really nice, even has a bar, pool and good workout room with free weights. Bed was comfortable. Nice shower. Breakfast was good, though not spectacular. Overall a really nice hotel and a good value. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am a Wyndham Rewards Member and have stayed at this hotel many times before and after my last, brief visit, I will never stay there again. I made reservations for a weekend trip with a check-in date of a Thursday night. My flight kept getting delayed so I called several times to make sure my reservation would not be canceled and I was assured it would not be. When I finally arrived to the hotel, at 4:30 am Friday (original flight was to arrive at 11:30 pm Thursday) I was rudely told that the "night audit" was already done and my reservation was given away (not just for Thursday night, but for the entire weekend) along with the reservation I made for a second room for another family member. At this point I was exhausted and frustrated and voiced that I was "pissed off." The clerk, Chris K., then started yelling at me and said he would not be "cussed at" and he was calling the police. I asked to speak to the manager several times but that never happened. Words were exchanged and I could not believe the things that came out of Chris' mouth, being the employee. The customer is always right! When you are in the customer service industry you should always try to do your best to please the customer, not yell at them. I told the clerk that he was the rudest person I have ever met and he proceeded to say that from the sound of my accent I must be form the North East so I must be meaner than he is! Needless to say the police came and although they did not agree with the situation, had to ask us to leave due to state laws. They told us there was a very nice hotel just across the street and boy were they right. Like I said before, we have stayed at this hotel many times and the Hyatt right across the street treated us so much better than we have ever been treated at the Wingate. It was also cleaner, had a better staff, and had a better breakfast, all for the same price. So if you are in the area I would definitely suggest staying at the Hyatt, not the Wingate, unless you want to be degraded and thrown off the property.

1  Thank lbertone81
Wingate-WyndhamArena, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I deeply apologize for the experience that you had to endure while trying to check in to our location. I do not condone this type of behavior and can assure that this is being addressed immediately. There should've been no reason that your reservations weren't available to you upon arrival and I can certainly understand your frustrations. I would like to be able to make this up to if you are willing to call or email me at your earliest convenience. Again, I apologize that this experience had to even happen. I can be reached at 919-809-8511 or you may email me at gm.statearena@chdinvestments.net.

Reviewed April 8, 2014