“Very clean and a perfect location to NC State. Irritating...”

Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Charlotte
“Very clean and a perfect location to NC State. Irritating...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very clean and a perfect location to NC State. Irritating that only 1 ice machine worked, elevators creaked and deadbolt on door got stuck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Wingate-WyndhamArena, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the ice machines and the other upkeep issues you experienced here. Just this week we serviced all the ice machines in order to ensure they are operating at peak efficiency. If you get the time, please call us and let us know what room # you stayed in so that we can have that door checked out. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel itself was well appointed. Clean and pleasant, aesthetically. My room (a king) was nice. It had a large flat-screen t.v., a refrigerator or microwave...much appreciated! The bed was comfortable, but the air conditioning was loud!!! It rumbled on and off all night. Additionally, I was placed in a room where the outside flood light faced directly into my window. It was at the very end of the hall (which, I guess I'm old school, but usually single, female travelers are placed closer to an elevator not at the end of a deserted hallway). The light was extremely bright and I had to sleep with my curtains closed, which made the room very dark...I like a little light in the room so when I am awakened by the rumbling air conditioner, I know where I am! The breakfast was fair, but it's free so I guess you can't complain much. The most glaring issue was the hotel's location. It is next to a trucking company or something and it is very odd, and may make some people feel a little uncomfortable; in other words, it is not aesthetically pleasing. "State Arena" is not indicative of the hotel's location...I believe the arena is two exits away. Overall, the hotel was nice, clean and comfortable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for you feedback. I apologize for the AC unit being noisy and disruptive to your sleep. If you have the time, please call us and let us know what room # you stayed in so that we can have it checked out. Thank you.
Travelers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Comfort Suites Arena
#32 of 84 in Raleigh
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree
Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh North

Been to Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary

Property: Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Address: 6115 Corporate Ridge Rd, Chapel Hill Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607-5473
Location: United States > North Carolina > Raleigh
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#16 Romantic Hotel in Raleigh
#19 Business Hotel in Raleigh
#21 Family Hotel in Raleigh
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary 3*
The newly built Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary Hotel is a smart, modern lodging choice, only minutes from The PNC Arena, NC State University & Carter-Finley Stadium, NC State Fairgrounds, Triangle Research Park and RDU Airport. Our smoke free hotel offers numerous amenities and services for modern-day business and leisure travelers such as our complimentary hot breakfast, indoor pool & jacuzzi, 24-hr fitness center, business facility and sundry shop, hosted bar hours,and over 1,000 square ft of boardroom & meeting space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham State Arena Raleigh / Cary Hotel Raleigh