$147
$111
$101
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$114
$67
$209
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$78
Ramada by Wyndham Raleigh(Raleigh)(Great Value!)
$87
$83
Priceline
1,312 results
All reviewsfront desktrain tracksindoor poolshuttle servicewaffle makeryogurthot tubhockey gamefree shuttlestayed one nightcontinental breakfastgreat place to staythe room was nicebed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelstaff was very friendly
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This is a really nice hotel but the customer service is very poor. Several incidents occurred and the staff was too busy gossiping to worry about the customer. Wells Fargo was having a seminar at the hotel and they partied until 3:45 am. I had a presentation the next morning and asked them to please keep it down - - I even called the front desk for help - - no luck. Needless to say I was very tired for the presentation. I stayed on the 4th floor and heard doors slamming all over the place and loud conversations - - it was a nightmare. Oh and if you do not like trains at 12:45 am you might want to reconsider this hotel. It didn't really bother me.

Room Tip: The beds are like what I imagine sleeping on a cloud is and the rooms were very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Becky201012
Samantha M, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Becky,

Thank you for taking the time out to review the Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Hotel as feedback such as yours helps us improve our facility. I want to extend my apologies for the experience you had at our facility. I am sad to hear your dissatisfaction with the service you received as well. I would love to hear more about the situation so I may coach my team in a way to provide the service I expect them to give. You may email me at Samantha@ncraleighhotel.com or call me on my direct line at 919-809-8520. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and it is my hope that you will give our property another try in the near future.

Kind regards,

Samantha Myszelow
Director of Sales and Operations
919-809-8520

Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed one night on our way across the state. It's a decent hotel, not bad at all. It is located right next to an active train track. I read several reviews pertaining to the trains. Some heard the trains, some did not. I never heard any in the middle of the night, but I did hear one fairly early in the morning. Very distinct. If you are a light sleeper or sleep past 7ish, it could be a problem. The fitness facility is nice, but very small. One bike, one treadmill and one eliptical machine. Indoor pool and hot tub seemed nice and was filled with kids enjoying it. We did not have our kids w/us on this trip, but if we had, they would have loved it.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front side of the hotel. The train tracks are located on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mason31
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the wingate State Arena when we attended the American Idols concert last July. The shuttle service to the RBC Center was an added bonus. It saved us the hassle of a traffic jam and the parking fee to attend the event. There was also a Manager's reception in the afternoon, with free snacks and drinks. Very friendly staff was also a plus.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Polack_10
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I've stayed in this Wingate hotel before and the rooms are as nice as I've come to expect from Wingate, which is very nice. I moved to this hotel from another one in town because of adjacent room noise and, unfortunately, this particular room was even worse than the previous hotel I was at. I could, literally, clearly, hear every word the gentleman was saying ("cussing" and all) in the room next door. I can't believe that the STC (sound transmission class) of these interior walls pass the local codes, they seem so thin to transmit that much clear sound between the rooms like that. There can't be any sound insulation or any other measures to try to dull the sound transmission between the rooms; but I'm just guessing of course.

Other than that problem (and it could have been just my room), this hotel is a winner. The room was spotless and super nicely appointed with a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was super nice and a great shower head and nice, high-end toiletries and thick, crisp towels. One drawback for me is that there aren't a lot of cable channels for the TV, and there are none of the "popular" ones like HGTV, Food, Travel, Speed, TCM, etc. I end up working on the computer a lot in hotel rooms and I like to have something on in the background but it's a stretch with so few channels. Again, this isn't a problem with the room or hotel at all, it's just a personal preference.

The breakfast is set up with yogurt, breads and toasters, packets of Quaker oatmeal, bagels, fruit, and some pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches so a person can mix-and-match depending on what ingredients they want. They also have a cool coffee "machine" and a rather slim selection of tea. Actually, just one kind of tea, no green tea which was disappointing for a Wingate. And, alas, no hard boiled eggs which is my go-to item for hotel breakfasts.

There is a workout room and a small indoor "pool" right by the front lobby area and also an outdoor pool, but that was closed for the season it appeared. I always ask for a "top floor" room but was given a room on the 2nd floor for some odd reason. I asked about it and the front desk person said, "the 2nd floor isn't high enough for you?" which I thought was.. well, odd. I'm a Wyndham Rewards member with quite a few points and lots of stays and that usually is enough to nab a "special request" like a top floor room, and sometimes (usually) there is a bottle of water in the room for members, but there wasn't here. All in all, I was close to not recommending this hotel solely because of the unbelievably clear sound transmission between the rooms. I would recommend leaving the ac/heating unit fan on to drown out the sound and if you do that, you will love this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2011

First I want to say that our stay at the Wingate Raleigh/ Cary Oct 15-17, 2011 was very nice.
The rooms were very clean and roomy. We had reserved a King and a double queen several weeks ahead. However the person scheduling my reservation did not reserve it like that, even though our conformation stated King and doubl queen. When we arrived Cybrena was very helpful to attempt to fix the error, but the computer would not let her.Being the first weekend of the state fair everything else was booked,so other rooms were not avaliable. We ended up with 2 double queen rooms which was not was we had reserved, which was disappointing. But the staff was very nice and helpful, house keeping was very friendly. Also I had asked for adjoining rooms which I know can not be reserved before the party checks in (that goes for most anywhere which I don't understand) and we did not get that either. But yes computers do have glitches and again Cybrena tried very hard to make our stay as wonderful as possible. If we need to return to the area we will stay there again

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family