$75
CandlewoodSuites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$76
$121
$109
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$89
$76
$72
$264
  • Pool
$78
Ramada by Wyndham Raleigh(Raleigh)(Great Value!)
$87
$83
Priceline
1,312 results
All reviewsfront desktrain tracksindoor poolshuttle servicewaffle makeryogurthot tubhockey gamefree shuttlestayed one nightcontinental breakfastgreat place to staythe room was nicebed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelstaff was very friendly
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This note is regarding a stay 10/21/11-10/22/11. If I could rate it a ZERO I would. This hotel presents well and it new as stated in previous reviews. However, during our stay the facility had a private party and it lasted until after 1:30am. As the night progressed the noise level increased. At 12:30am a group of partygoers slammed into our door and loudly yelled and continued in the hallway for quite some time. It was impossible to get any rest and as we have 3 children, it was quite an experience. Later that morning I spoke with Elizabeth at the front desk and explained my experience with the party. I asked to speak with the manager who happened to be on the phone with Elizabeth. I spoke with the manager, Samantha, who was understanding and agreed to refund the cost of the room. She relayed the information to Elizabeth and I received a sheet stating that the price was adjusted. Elizabeth also stated that the party was given by people in the hotel corporation. That made it even worse as they clearly do not care about their patrons. HOWEVER, today I check my bank balance and instead of refunding the price they charged me TWICE for the room! I called and spoke with Samantha again who agreed that there had been an ERROR. Obviously. She blamed a computer glitch. I would never stay at this hotel or any other Wingate by Wyndham because if it is indeed a computer glitch one could assume that this is widespread. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...stay anywhere else if you want to keep your money.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jmoconnell8
Samantha M, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Mrs. O’Connell,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about the Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Hotel as all information provided allows us to better our facility and operations. After reading your review of our hotel, I want to apologize again for the mishap during and after your stay. I can ensure you this is not a normal situation for the Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Hotel and I am expressing my sincere apology to you and the issues you encountered during your stay. I have sent your husband a coupon for a free night stay via email in the wish that you would try our property again when your family is back in the Raleigh area. I understand your frustration with the billing issue you had and pleased that we were able to take care of it promptly. It is my hope you and your husband will try our property again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Samantha Myszelow
Director of Sales and Operations
919-809-8520

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed here a week and never spent a day unsatisfied. The rooms are good-sized and adequately comfortable. The normal amenities are present - microwave, coffee-maker, etc.

At about 9am they serve full breakfasts downstairs with a mix and match of pretty good and meh. The vat of eggs were disappointing and the sausages were wholly lackluster. But the DIY waffles, cereals and pastries were very good.

The gym is great. We used it every day. It was kept clean and the machines stayed in working condition. One day, however, the air conditioner was busted and made for some very unpleasant working out.

While we took no issue with the pool, we especially enjoyed using the whirlpool located nearby. There's ample parking and a McDonald's just a stone's throw away from the hotel if that's your thing.

It's not a perfect place to stay, but we liked it a lot. I'd probably lean more toward 5 stars if it wasn't situated in the middle of nowhere.

Aspry Jones

Room Tip: If you're using GPS to find the hotel, call it in. The maps aren't dead on correct.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AspryJones
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to the NC State Fair. The hotel was in a convenient area for visits to the State Fair, RBC Center, and NC State area. The location is new so there aren't any dining facilities within walking distance except a McDonald's. However, it is not very far to many choices since it is located right by I-40. We found many nice places to eat within 2 miles.

The room was very comfortable and clean. The customer service was very good!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mit43
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We booked this room for our wedding weekend. We had booked four rooms. Room #s 401, 430, 432, and 431. The rooms were very clean as was the hotel itself. The beds were super comfortable. Hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly. We stayed there for five nights. On Sunday evening, after the wedding, they allowed us to bring food and hang out in the lounge area. They even opened the kitchen so we could heat up food that was left from the reception. They offered very good continental breakfasts every morning, consisting of more than the danishes and juice. Monday through Thursday, they offered various appetizers as well as wine and soda - free of charge.

When reading reviews for this hotel prior to booking we had read reviews of slow drains and noises from the RR. Family members that were staying in Rooms 430, 431 and 432, said that they definitely could hear the train coming by. It did not come by often but they said they could hear it. I was in Room 401 and definitely did not hear the train going by. None of my family members said it ruined their stay nor would it stop them from returning. I would have to agree that at least in our room, the drain was a bit slow. Again, it would not stop me from returning to this room.

They have a pool, nothing special and a hot tub. We used both and everyone had a great time. The hot tub was not very hot though. Good thing is that the pool was indoors.

The only negative to the hotel, which is not necessarily a negative, is that besides a McDonald's there really is not anything within walking distance of the hotel. But they do have a shuttle service (although we did not use it) and there are several places that deliver to the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the low numbers rooms, they are away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

It was a very busy weekend; the hotel was totally booked. The Operations Manager, Smantha, saw to our needs and made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. There was a snafu in our booking arrangements but she made sure we were completly satisfied with the changes she made. Actually, she upgraded our room and saved us money at the same time! Thanks to your excellent staff and customer service, we had a very enjoyable stay in your very nice hotel and will stay at no other hotel when we return to the area. Bill Meyers

Room Tip: If you have a child who attends NCSU, you are eligible for a reduced room rate.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family