“Best Cheese Steak--ever”

Anvil's Cheesesteaks
Ranked #380 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Come to Anvil's for an authentic Philadelphia experience here in the Triangle! Our steaks are cut fresh daily, grilled to perfection with your choice of ingredients. We also have chicken, pork, pastrami, and vegetarian sandwiches.
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We live very close to Anvil's but have never gone there. My wife and I were shopping for groceries in the same strip mall so we went there for lunch. What a great, pleasant surprise. We both had the mushroom cheese steak sandwich with the homemade pepper relish they put in (on request) with it. My wife and I agree that these were the best cheesesteak sandwiches we have ever had anywhere. She grew up in the Philadelphia area and we both agree that Anvil's puts even Pat's to shame. I don't know whether the bread or the filling was better- both are superb.

This is not a restaurant with any ambience but is awesome for lunch. I think I just found my new favorite place.

1  Thank buddyl158

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Tried to find the best cheesesteak in the Raleigh/Durham area to take my Dad over Christmas. Anvil's was the best rated on Urbanspoon and the rating was correct. Great cheesesteaks, Utz chips and birch beer. Went back a second time before haeding home. The owners were very nice as well. A bit out of the way, but worth the trek.