“A good place to lay your head...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was a few days worth of business seminar in the hotel, so it was convenient to stay here as well. I had a slight problem with ants the first night, those little sugar type, but management made it better and took super care of my stay. I would stay here again without hesitation!

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the elevators are the suites, but unlike other hotels I did not hear the elevat...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

With a car, this is close to most major attractions. I stayed here rather than in the city because I was visiting my sister and this was the closest spot to her apartment. It was in good proximity to the airport. It was maybe a 10-20 minute drive to the downtown areas.
The hotel was overall clean and the beds comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly every time I walked by or when checking it. This isn't a fancy place by any means but it did the job for a shirt trip to see the sis.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The amenities were nice and modern. I enjoyed the wireless internet.I loved the indoor pool. It was a rainy day, so that came in handy. The rain was forgotten, while I soaked in the heated spa. The location was convent to my destination. The breakfast was satisfying and worthwhile.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise B
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Last weekend I was the maid of honor in a wedding. I did the room block w/ Leslie who was awesome! Dysteny was also a phenomenal help. Both woman were super sweet & huge part of a very happy weekend!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a good business hotel with outstanding staff near the airport. The room was standard fair, with a nice bed, good enough shower, and nice tv with cable, but no movie on demand. There was a small work out room, and nice little indoor pool that families seem to be utilizing. No restaurant but standard breakfast buffet served. Only complaint was weaker Internet connection.

The reason I would recommend this hotel is that the staff, particularly at the front desk, were absolutely terrific. Couldn't help us enough. In fact, when our meeting ended early and we had some time to kill before a flight, they found us a restaurant, used the hotel van to take us there, picked us up, and then took us to the airport. Multiple other little touches were similarly terrific. They earned my return business.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We are presently nearing the end of a 9 day stay in a king suite and the room is generally comfortable but has some problems. Although the hotel is new and the room looks very clean, there is a definite odor of mildew. This is not a unique problem and appears in other reviews. The room was treated twice with an air filtration system and the odor is reduced but is still detectible. I don't know what the source of this problem is but obviously treatment should be directed at removing the source of the odor. Also, the houskeeping is spotty--some days we were not given a full set of towels and today although we left the room before 1:00 pm and asked the receptionist to inform the housekeeping staff that we were gone for the day, the room was not serviced at all.
On the plus side, the breakfast is excellent and the front desk staff is friendly. We also had a problem with the heat, which was addressed promptly.

Room Tip: We were in the front on the 6th floor and it was quiet--no airport noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Sincerely_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your comments and sharing your experience. We apologize for the odor in your room and will be looking into the source so that we can resolve the issue ASAP. We were very pleased to hear you are one of our extended stay guest and have enjoyed our rooms, cleanliness, breakfast and friendly staff. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your continued loyalty.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Arrived after a long drive in to town and the parking lot is packed, but still some spots left. The tour buses didn't bode well though. Everything was correct with my reservation but they didn't have that room available. Two doubles was it. No upgrades, no discount, nada. Desk attendant was not very sympathetic or helpful. Wife was quite displeased with the downgrade.

The room itself was clean and well taken care of, but it didn't do anything about the bad taste left from check in. At least the breakfast was well done. Everything was fresh and warm. I would stay at a Fairfield again but not this one. Plenty of other options near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014
Sincerely_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are very pleased to hear your overall experience with us was a pleasant one and very displeased to hear you were unable to get the bed type you requested. Unfortunately we had many more unexpected stay overs than we could have anticipated. Please contact me directly for your next reservation with us and I will personally ensure you receive what you request.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Cambria hotel & suites Raleigh-Durham Airport
Aloft Raleigh-Durham Airport Brier Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek? Share your experiences!