New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek

Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very nice! Excellent service!! Great deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for shops and restaurants, and very close to the RDP. Room are super clean and comfortable and the staff is great!! Taralyn is absolutely awesome!!

I stay whenever i'm in town. This is a Excellent business hotel with excellent service. Highly recommend to stay!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sincerely_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Awesome! Thank you! I shared your comments with Taralyn and the staff and we all are so pleased we were able to make your stay with us so great. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New Kent, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for two weeks. As I was not able to travel home one weekend, my family came down to see me. I reserved a King Suite for the 5 of us well in advance. When they arrived to check in, they pulled the old switcharoo on us. "The folks who were staying in our room decided to stay an extra night." We were given a room with two double beds for $10 off. What about our reservation?????? My son ended up sleeping on a mattress pad on the floor. They did not have a blanket available to give him. I'm guessing my reservation was not important enough.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Bernadette A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Unfortunately we do not have any rooms in our inventory that would accommodate 5 people to a room. We definately should have recommended you reserve two rooms for the amount of family members you had staying. I was glad to have received your response to my email earlier and happy that you were very pleased in our property otherwise. We apologize for the room type confusion and want you to know you are very important to us. I am very glad to hear your family will be visiting us again in the near future and I can assure you we will have the rooms available you will need to fit comfortably.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here and I have also stayed in the other fairfield inn near RDU airport.

this is as you would expect basic but the rooms and beds are clean and nicely done and a good size with a god shower and great free wifi. friendly helpful staff.

The area is quiet but the noise from the nearby road was a bit noisier than I would have liked on the side of the building I was on (an odd number room on the fourth floor - I would try for an even numbered room the next time).

The shuttle to the airport seems to only leave on the hour which is less flexible than the other fairfield inn as far as I remember.

The breakfast here is a little better than the other airport fairfield rdu hotel - more freshly prepared food and fresh fruit - the food in the other place was more packaged.

In the end I would stay in the other fairfield inn the next time - the slightly better food is not really enough to draw me here. If I was staying I would try and get an even number room as it might be quieter.

Room Tip: a room with even number might be on quieter side of building
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are a very new hotel with many differences from most older versions of our brand. Thank you for commenting on our clean rooms and great service. Please contact the hotel directly the next time you visit and we would be happy to pre assign you to a parking lot side room.
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Like my other reviewers, I found the staff and service to be excellent.

The room was very clean and comfortable--four comfy pillows per double bed.

Breakfast was tasty. I got there right before it closed but still had a choice of several hot egg entrees, bacon, etc. The eggs were standard hotel fare--edible. If I liked my eggs with salsa, cheese, toppings, etc., I'd have been in heaven as many were available.

The only real suggestion I have is towels. The towels were small and not super absorbent. And there were only three for two people. Two towels per person should be minimal in a room costing $130!! I guess I could have asked for more, but I was already in the shower!

I'd come back.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing us each time you return to our area. Good news...we are upgrading our towels! True story! We look forward to your return. Thanks again!
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

recently my company hosted a sales meeting for the first time at the Fairfield RDU Brier Creek. Leslie along with Dysteny, Teralyn, Amy and Ben did an exceptional job coordinating and accommodate our group around the clock. And they did so at a very reasonable price (far more than previous locations we have used). we are a small, family-owned, local company and these meetings are exorbitant affairs, so we greatly appreciated Amy and Leslie’s hard work and considerations on our behalf.
the accommodations were well-appointed, spacious, quiet and comfortable. the meeting space was ideal; we went the entire meeting undisturbed by activity in the lobby situated immediately outside the door. the boardroom across the hall served as an ideal intimate space for private meetings.
that said, i have to give Kelcey the top recognition for avoiding a near head-on collision whilst shuttling us to a local Mexican eatery (La Rancherita - highly recommend it). the nature of sales people... well, let's just say there was a lot of personality in that shuttle and Kelcey did a formidable job keeping us in line, getting us safely to our location on all four wheels while still maintaining impressive timeliness.
thank you all for your contributions to a successful meeting!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ok, I have to admit...your title to your posting scared me at first only to be pleasantly surprised after reading further and find out after an enjoyable business trip our very own Kelcey prevented what could have been an accident on the road. Thank you Kelcey!! We are very pleased to hear that your meeting with us went well and happy to hear so many different employees mentioned in your comment was heartwarming. I have shared your comments with the staff and they send their grattitude your way. Thank you again!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

After a long drive and very tired, my husband just wanted to check in and go to bed. We notice that out rate was wrong then was quoted over the phone and on line. Dysteny was quick to correct the problem, Thank you Dysteny!
We went to our room and the carpet must have just been cleaned and were still a little damp. Called down to Dysteny and she quickly changed our room with out any problem. This is my second time stay with this location in a 60 day periord and would stay again. Clean and great service.
Dawn F

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience. I shared your comments with Dysteny and she was tickled. We look forward to your next visit.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel experience itself was very good -- the front desk staff was outstanding: friendly and always helpful. The front desk staff alone would cause me to want to stay there again. The rooms are very clean, fresh linens, and everything is kept up well. Good business center, and wi-fi in room was good. On most week nights there was a Manager's Reception with beverages and very limited appetizers. Most all seemed to be there only for the beer and wine. The appetizers were brought in from some local restaurants and offered little to no variety. They generally were not healthy. But hey, they were complimentary. The breakfasts in the morning were hot, well-prepared, but very little variety and very little healthy choices. The hotel is in close proximity to the airport and free shuttle is offered. For visitors to the area and business travelers wanting to be near the airport, this hotel is ideal. However, there is one caveat -- you need a car to get off the property for anything else. The hotel is near residential neighborhoods, very quiet, but there is nothing within walking distance to do. The hotel does not have a restaurant; so for dinner options, you have to either order delivery from local places (mainly pizza or Asian food options) or drive a car to go out to dinner. There is a microwave in the room, and the hotel has a very small "market" option in the lobby, but the selections are very limited with little variety and nothing healthy - vending machine snacks and a couple deli sandwich offers. The remoteness of the hotel for those without a car is what I saw as a major drawback to this hotel. But, if you have a car or are willing to get a taxi, then everything else is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank SilverTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek? Share your experiences!