Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“family reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Awesome experience. Contributed to our best reunion yet. The hotel is modern and clean. The staff worked to accommodate our every need. The breakfast each morning was different and well prepared, even extended it because it was so many of us. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: If you get the king room, make it a suite.
1 Thank valquick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ok. The suites are spacious but a lot of sharp corners (coffee table, side tables , etc). There were a few stains on the arm rest if the couch but I guess that was mostly worked out than anything else.

The second tv in the bedroom area was a nice bonus, thank you.

The sink are of the bathroom was very small and narrow. I had remove the ice bucket in order to place my stuff and there was still no room. The tub and toilet are we're together in one space but at least spacious.

The bed was very comfortable. The location f the hotel was very safe but had to cross the highway to walk to places to eat. At least the ones that we saw of.

• Stayed May 2013
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My mom and I stayed at this hotel about 10 days ago. We went to Raleigh, North Carolina for a wedding in the area and chose this hotel. We loved it. It was sooooo clean everywhere in the hotel and very quiet. Our room was perfect. The breakfast was included in the price of the hotel, which was very reasonable, and I have to say that it was spectacular. There was so much to choose from. If I were to go to Raleigh again, I would definitely stay at this hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

When I'm in Raleigh 9 times out of 10 I stay at the Fairfield on Sellona. I'm alway please with the hotel. The staff is great. The rooms are clean and up to date. Front desk staff person Desiree Kelcy is the best. She's very helpful and always smiling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

First, let me say that I'm glad we got it right this time. Last time we were in Raleigh we stayed at "the other Fairfield Inn RDU Airport" and there's a B-I-G difference between the two! The rooms at this hotel are much nicer, it has a great breakfast buffet and the Southern hospitality is first rate. When we called for the shuttle it was there in minutes and the front desk staff couldn't have been more congenial in making sure that everything was in order throughout our stay. While this hotel may not be number one in terms of amenities (since I know there are far better hotels in Raleigh from that perspective), it is definitely second to none when it comes to customer service and Southern comfort.

5 Thank romadaro
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on May 4, 2013 for 1 night. We arrived early around 11:30 am and when I asked about being able to check in early I was told that would not be possible. The clerk was very matter of fact and not very personable or outgoing or apologetic. We asked for directions to downtown Raleigh and he did not know how to go. He did ask another clerk whom we could not see. We came back 2 hours later and were able to check in. Again the clerk did not smile. He was not friendly at all. As we entered our room(419) the musty smell was horrible and overwhelming. We tried the a/c and heat to get rid of it but nothing worked. On our way out that evening for dinner I stopped and asked about the smell, as it was not only in our room but also in the room of a family member whose room was on the 2nd floor. They had no explanation for the smell and stated they could not move us because they were filled to capacity. I told her that I had gotten a headache from the smell but I wasn't asking to be moved - just something to help with the smell.
She said she could offer me additional airline miles and I said I would stop back later as it was getting late. She was gone when we returned and I did not pursue it any further. I couldn't wait to check out the next morning! When I checked out the next morning the same clerk who checked me in was working - again he was not friendly and all he said was "you are checked out" - never asked how we enjoyed our stay or if everything was ok.

Other cons for this hotel - 1.)no shampoo -didn't realize till I was in the shower and went to wash my hair and realized they had left 2 conditioners and no shampoo.
2.) Constant Clicking noise while trying to sleep.
3.) road traffic noise was very loud
4.)no clean pool towels at the pool. Had to use small towels from exercise room.
5) large puddles of water at the door entrance to the pool-making it very dangerous.

Only PRO - Breakfast Buffet was excellent.

SO Disappointed in this hotel.

Corona del Mar, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

flying in and out of RDU we love to use this hotel as our base of operations. they are wonderful about early/late checkins and very helpful with storing golf bags, etc. for us. we have fallen in love with their quick and easy shuttle service to/from the airport. this trip we only had one breakfast, but were pretty happy with it. the room was nice, large, comfortable and provided that good night's sleep we needed at the beginning and again at the end of our long driving trip. what can i say, it is the good solution to the logistics of getting into town and getting the car, stuff, and people sorted out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple