“Has the recipe changed?”

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Ranked #2 of 33 Bakeries in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Has the recipe changed? I have to say this is the first time I have ever, not enjoyed a glazed KK. There's nothing that I can say that was specifically wrong, just that something wasn't right. Maybe I was tired, it was just after midnight after all.
I stopped for more, the next day, while driving through Winston-Salem. I had the same reaction, just not exactly like I remembered. Something was off, different? It's been about two years since I ate my last KK, and there was nothing unsettling about them, back then. Thoughts anyone?

61  Thank tonetone2828

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Best Krispy Kreme in the state. An original in the old part of town where you can see donuts being made right in front of you and get them hot off the press. Interesting donut making - baking and dipping equipment. Like a K.K. museum!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Krispy Kreme doughnuts are like heaven on earth. The Hot Doughnuts now sign calls to us every time we see it driving by. It is hard to explain the wonder of all things Krispy Kreme so I end up bringing all of our visitors there.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The best doughnut anywhere! First came as a child in the 60s...and still just as good!! KK will be packed...then you drive down the street to dunkin' donuts and they look like they need to join a lonely hearts club.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

There really is no donut shop like Krispy Kreme. And, there are very few things quite as good as the pumpkin spice donut (which they, unfortunately, only have a few months of the year).

Go when the red light is illuminated out front and you will get a free donut hot off the line.