“Sunday lunch”

The Lost Cajun - Bent Tree Plaza
Order Online
Ranked #51 of 1,712 Restaurants in Raleigh
Description: We feature southern style home cooking from fried catfish, shrimp, and oysters to REAL Louisiana Gumbo, Po-Boys and, our signature dessert, Beignets! We are a full service, family friendly restaurant. It is our goal to make all of our guests feel like they are having dinner at a friend's house with our open kitchen, handmade wooden tables, and our New Orleans atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Adequate choices on menu. Sample board was a great treat! Server Kaitlin was attentive and helpful in making choices. Food server quick and hot.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We decided to have lunch here after church today and I’m so glad we did! The food was amazing as always and the kids were very excited to have the catfish bites. I tried something new that Elaine recommended and was very pleased with that decision. I had the crab cake Alfredo which was delicious. I have to say that my favorite part is the sample board because I tend to order the same thing over and over again, but sampling what they offer helps me venture out.

While we waited for our food, the kids enjoyed the chalkboard which was great so my hubby and I could have a few minutes to talk one on one which are rare with three little ones.

Elaine was awesome! She anticipated our needs and made sure all of our food was right. She gave the kids some bead necklaces which they loved and was just an overall pleasure. Having someone take the time to engage with your kids and provide such great service makes a huge difference in your experience when dining out. And I have to say that each time we’ve come to The Lost Cajun, the service has been wonderful!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was amazing (ask for Elaine). The food was good as well. Crap cakes were delicious and contained a tremendous amount of crap meat.

There are plenty of options for people who do not like spicy food.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

The excellent service starts at the door when you are greeted. Once seated you are given a sampler tray of things to try and if want you would like to try is not on it they will get it for you. Food is prepared fresh to order and come out quickly. Pricing is not bad for all you get. Tiffany was our server and she was fast and very attentive,even remembered me from previous visit.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

The ambiance of this restaurant seems a bit sterile or industrial-like. The food, however, is great. I really appreciate the sampler platter of 6 dishes they give you when you sit down. It lets you know immediately if this is going to be a restaurant whose food you will enjoy. We ordered the Pasta Lafitte and the Voodoo Pasta, both with shrimp. Luckily we asked if the shrimp came with the tails on. They do, but the waitress said they would take them off for us if we wished. We asked them to do so.
Both dishes had wonderful flavor and were spicy, but not overwhelmingly so. The beignets for dessert were light and airy, not greasy like many I've had elsewhere. A superb finish to a fine meal.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to The Lost Cajun - Bent Tree Plaza? Share your experiences!