“Cheap eats and drinks”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I hung out at Backyard Bistro all day before the Rush concert across the street at the PNC Arena.

5 beers and the Redneck Egg Rolls: $19.

The egg rolls are very good. Pulled pork and sautéd collard greens in egg roll wrappers. Yum.

Steer clear of one beer, Sweet Fish. Godawful. Think of dirty dish water. That's it.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went to Backyard Bistro before a concert and was expecting typical mediocre bar food but was pleasantly surprised with the menu selection and the food. Our group had nachos, pulled pork sliders, ribs, wings and a burger and all of it was very good except for the fries that came with the burger...they were a little limp and soggy. The location is great if you're attending an event at PNC Arena and staying at Comfort Suites next door. We walked from the hotel to the restaurant, had drinks and food, and walked over to the arena...no car involved! The service was pleasant and prompt and it was an overall good experience.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I like that they have veggie burgers also. My kids love the mac n cheese. They also cater for some school lunches and events.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Took my family to see the Flyers-Canes game last Saturday and based on the mostly favorable reviews, we planned our pre-game dinner at the Bistro. Told our wait would be 30 minutes, we were seated roughly 45 minutes later. We kindly told our server that we were in a bit of hurry as game time approached. She didn't seem to really care and the service lagged.
My wife and I ordered the brisket after reading a review from a person from Kansas City who said the brisket was as good as the brisket from his home town. Well, my wife and I have not been to KC but if the sandwich we had was representative of KC barbecue, we'll eat at McDonalds if we ever find ourselves in Kansas City as the brisket was the absolute worst piece of meat either me or my wife have ever eaten. Imagine Arby's beef but with a ton of fat and no flavor. Perhaps the person who posted about the brisket suffers from numb taste buds. I mean, this drek wouldn't pass for prison food.
For what its worth; the others in our party enjoyed their meals but the overall experience kind of sucked especially compared to what we are used to in a good sports bar. Next time, we'll venture off the beaten path and find something more suitable.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The booths face the TVs and also look out on the rest of the tables, so we were "watched" all dinner by the people in the booth facing us. It felt weird. However, the food was very good, prices reasonable, dinner companion had the beef brisket sandwich and declared true love. The tuna nicoise salad was very good but small. The Greek salad was excellent and very filling. Great selection of beer. Our server was slow and had no knowledge or opinion about the menu, food came out from the kitchen quickly. I would enjoy returning to this sports bar.