“Love this place and staff!”
Review of Seoul Garden

Seoul Garden
Ranked #106 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Love this place and staff!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love everything about this place (other than its in a strip mall...) - the food is great and the wait staff is always very friendly. My favorite item to order is the Bento Box. It will give you a good variety of foods to try. This is authentic Korean cuisine so if you have never tried it, it may be a little different for you but you will LOVE it! I have taken many friends here and they all loved it as well. I am sorry that one recent reviewer had a somewhat bad experience - give it another try! It is reasonably priced for lunch - I have never been there for dinner so I am not sure about dinner menu prices.

• Visited August 2013

London
“Disapointed by service and food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having read the glowing reviews and staying nearby, we decided to go to lunch here in late July.

The good points- nice atmosphere, definitely very Korean, both the staff and many of the guests.

Now unfortunately our experience was a bit mixed- the waitress brought 1 menu too few (the only time in 3 weeks in the US this happened), but more seriously the chicken salad had very little chicken and the fish soup had very overcooked, almost rubbery, fish. Otherwise these dishes were nice and the other 2 (similar to an escalope) were very good. The general service during the meal was also quite poor by the very high standards of the US (being British, I would say much more what one can expect in UK)- had to ask for refills of water for example.

I would probably have rated it 3/5 had I not been so disappointed given high expectations from other reviews.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank JoeFLondon
“This place is amazing.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere, awesome service and great food....3 best qualities about this place. Being born and raised Korean the food is so authentic. My wife who has had Korean food like the Bulgogi. Loved it when I introduced Bimbim Bap..we love this place and cant wait to drive an hour and a half to eat here again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank scottnjojo
raleigh, nc
“Our Go-To Place for Korean Food”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Whenever we have a craving for Korean food and don't want to make it ourselves, we order from Seoul Garden. I think this is the best Korean restaurant in the Triangle. There are other very good Korean restaurants in Raleigh and Durham, but we like Seoul Garden the best.

The staff is very friendly and the food tastes great. I think it is very authentic. The hardest part of going is when I try to order in Korean since I don't speak it daily!

• Visited March 2013
United States
“always packed with Koreans!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

4 of 4 stars (excellent, casual dining).

(see explanation of ratings below)

How do you know an ethnic restaurant serves great, authentic food? When it's filled with natives.

That's the case at this place: always packed with Koreans.

Allow about one hour. About $25 per person.

Lunch time "box" is a great deal.

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until TripAdvisor realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, TripAdvisor's rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish TripAdvisor would do the same):

1) fast food and "fast-casual" (no table service).

2) casual dining (table service, average entrée price: $10-$20).

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV's in dining room, average entrée priced at more than $20).

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

• Visited May 2013