“loved it - we'll be back!”

Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 14 Food & Drink in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: What better way to get to know a place and its people than to eat its food? Tour North Carolina's tastiest and most unique restaurants and shops. You'll go behind the scenes to chat with owners and chefs of the best restaurants in town while sampling their amazing food. Tours make 5-6 stops and along the way, you'll learn about the area's history and architecture. Public tours take place every Saturday. Private and custom tours are available. This is a great way to experience a city and feel like an insider!
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“loved it - we'll be back!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a fun night! We went on a 4pm tour and visited 6 excellent restaurants downtown, each with one or more food selections and drinks. Our group was a mix of locals, like us, and out-of-towners. We went to restaurants I've wanted to try and some I knew were great. Its an excellent way to sample plates from a variety of places in one night. Tons of food, very filling! Great tour guide and a really fun group. We even learned new things about our city!! We will absolutely do another food tour and recommend this to everyone!!

Visited October 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome way to celebrate my 40th!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I really can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate my 40th birthday than to have a private tour guide show me and my friends and family the food spots around Raleigh that are part of the farm to table movement. We visited 5 different restaurants and felt like we visited a different culture at each new spot. The food at each restaurant was amazing and the drinks were well paired. Tony, our tour guide, was knowledgeable about the restaurants we visited and even gave us a few history lessons along the way. I would love to do it again next year and I also hope to go on one with just me and my hubby!

Visited July 2013
NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Tour June 7, 2013”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The tour was great. A mix of local and out of towners. The guides were great and easy to talk to. They made sure everyone was taken care of not everyone drank alcohol and we had two guests under 21 in our group, they enjoyed themselves as well. I would not recommend little kids but teenagers are ok. The portion are big enough to get full, so don't worry about small portions, you visit 5 different locations. If you take the 3:30 tour you will not need to eat dinner.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Maine
“Really Fun Event”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was visiting my daughter in Raleigh. We took the 3:30 tour with a few of her friends and it was a great way to see downtown and sample all that Raleigh has to offer. She has been in Raleigh for 2 years and was surprised to find new restaurants. Tony, our guide, was very knowledgeable and personable. Nice variety of restaurants. Definitely worth the price. I plan on taking this tour again!

Visited March 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Intro to Raleigh Restaurants”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I recently moved to the Raleigh area from another state. We saw an advertisement for the Taste of Carolina food tours in a Durham magazine and thought it would be a great way to try some restaurants and learn a little history along the way. We signed up for the Raleigh tour at 3:30pm which included drink pairings. It turned out to be a great experience. Our tour guide, Tony, was very friendly and informative. We visited 4 restaurants and one bar. We will definitely sign up for the food tour in Durham and other surrounding towns which participate.

Visited February 2013