Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Impressive staff”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I would definitely recommend this property. We spent a night here recently after the airline cancelled our flight. We were NOT happy about the cancellation, but the entire staff at this hotel was so welcome, accommodating and eager to please that it was a true pleasure to stay there.

Service was uniformly excellent. Kendrick Allen at the front desk was particularly "on the ball" and very helpful to us during our stay.

The hotel went the "extra mile" beyond our stay, too. I had inadvertently left some earrings in my room and the hotel manager, Karl Swink, graciously arranged to have them returned to me promptly!

Kudos to management for its leadership, well-trained and enthusiastic staff and great attitude towards its guests.

Laurie E., Minneapolis

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Lauriecornbread. - Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our “new generation” Embassy Suites in RDU / Brier Creek and for your recommendation on TripAdvisor! We are very proud of our staff for their continued efforts to provide friendly and exceptional service to make every guest feel welcome and appreciated. I will pass your comments on to Kendrick and the rest of our team as they will all appreciate hearing the positive impression that was made during your visit! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have been using this particular Embassy for about two years now. New, clean, well designed with an excellent staff, The location is out on I-540 but is convenient to both the airport as well as North Raleigh. Since our children now own in North Raleigh, that makes it all the more convenient. I recommend it highly on all counts!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear hmalettep - Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek that you shared on TripAdvisor. We are very proud that you have found our team to be friendly and accommodating and you enjoyed your stays at our hotel! Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel with your multiple visits with us and for your endorsement. Our staff looks forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area!
Bethesda, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel functioned just fine. Management might have considered removing the Duke decorations in the lobby after the basketball team had embarrassingly lost to Mercer, but doing so might have upset their alumni by adding further insult to injury.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Kay K. - Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the “new generation” Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek with TripAdvisor! We are very proud of our staff for their continued efforts to provide friendly and exceptional service to make our guests’ stays a terrific experience. We were sensitive to Duke’s unexpected loss during the NCAA tournament and felt it was best to leave the team paraphernalia on display in the hotel until after the team departed. All of our guests from Duke University were extremely gracious and a pleasure to work with during the planning process and throughout their visit to the hotel. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel was simply awesome - from the staff working the front desk, to the lobby's décor, the great made-to-order breakfast, the complimentary beverages during happy hour, cleanliness, great bath products... I could go on and on. This Embassy Suites is truly that wonderful!

Why only four instead of five stars? Well, even though the room, bed, and linens were all amazing, I had trouble sleeping each night simply because the air vent was pointed directly at the bed. Each time the air turned on, it blew directly at me as I slept and woke me up. I'd pull the covers over my head to keep the air from hitting me and go back to sleep until the air turned off. Then I'd get warm so I'd uncover... only to have the air turn back on and the cycle continued all night long. I didn't get much 'good' sleep because of this.

If you're not bothered by this, you'll definitely score this hotel with 5 stars... it was otherwise perfect!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Suslew
Dear Suslew - Thank you for sharing your recommendation of the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek with TripAdvisor! We are very proud that you enjoyed your stay in our New Generation Embassy Suite and liked the many unique design features and our many amenities, services and our convenient location to area shopping and restaurants! Please let our Guest Services Team know if there is ever any way we can make your stay more comfortable. We can have one of our maintenance team visit the room to adjust the vent to point the heated or cooled air away from your sleeping area. Again, thank you for sharing the many positive comments about your experience during your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a great hotel. I love staying here when in the RDU area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The bar service is excellent. This place is near great restaurants and shopping. If you are planning a stay in this area Embassy Suites is a top pick!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Leslie H
Dear Leslie H - Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our “new generation” Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek that you shared on TripAdvisor! We are glad found the hotel convenient to the many options in shopping and dining at Brier Creek Commons and proud our staff met your expectations! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Room was a converted closet, not the typical Embassy suite and a very high price. Lots of little things are not done well such as vending machines inoperative and the Managers Social miniscule. Go next door to the Hampton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mark H
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Mark H - Please accept my apology for the disappointment you experienced because of the size of your room, the offerings at the complimentary Evening Reception and the inconvenience with our vending machine not working properly.

As a “new generation” design Embassy Suites we offer a Studio King as a less expensive option for our guests. Please accept my apology you were not made aware that you had made a reservation for a “studio” or a guest room without a suite when you made your reservation “on line“. Our hotel's goal is to "over- deliver" to exceed our guests’ expectations and we feel very badly that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We will continue to work to improve in all areas mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to bring these matters of importance to our staff's attention as our guests’ satisfaction remains our highest priority. Please let me know if you decide to visit us in the future as I would like to introduce myself. Also let me know if I or anyone at the hotel can be of any further assistance.
Karl R. Swink
Pickerington, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

From the start they were welcoming and friendly. Josh at the front desk was accommodating and the breakfast staff helped me tremendously. Noticing I had my hands full with three kids, one lady helped me fix waffles and noticed when one of my kids left her ear phones. Promptly returning them to me as we were leaving. Nice HOT breakfast. Pool area was nice to sit in and watch the boys play. Not too steamy as usual. Sometimes pools at hotels can be uncomfortably warm enough to make you sick. We will be returning. Thank you staff. You made our trip!

Stayed March 2014
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Lovette C. - Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the “new generation” Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek with TripAdvisor! We are very proud of our staff for their continued efforts to provide friendly and exceptional service to make our Guests’ stays a terrific experience and it is wonderful to hear they were able to help your children enjoy their stay with us. We will pass your comments on to the rest of the team as they will all appreciate hearing the positive impression that was made in the many different areas of your total hotel experience! We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Raleigh Durham area!