“Company policy needs to change.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Irvine, United States
“Company policy needs to change.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My company's policy indicated they would pay more for me to stay here than another location (which offered the same or better amenities). I informed the Embassy Suites I needed a suite to conduct work from the hotel room. I ended up in a tiny room next to vending machines and a large HVAC outlet in front of my door. The room was too small to do work in. The bathroom and living areas were not super clean. And, the noise from the HVAC vent and vending machines forced me to find a different location to have my conference calls. Upon seeing the room, I went back to reception and asked for a different room. I was told none were available. Although I am a HHonors member, I probably won't stay here again. I will get treated better and get a better value if I go somewhere else. You should too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Brian F
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear BrianF: I am sorry that we were not able to provide a more suitable location for your business and stay needs at our hotel. As an HHonors member, we provide all flexibility and options that we can, limited only by the level of available rooms / suites. Each opportunity to hear from our guests is of value, and we hope that we can demonstrate this should we have you as our guest on a future date. Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Allentown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed for two nights over Columbus Day weekend to visit our daughter studying in Raleigh. Hotel was clean, nice, complimentary drinks during manager's reception, and complimentary buffet breakfast. Our room was lovely! And the price was very reasonable for what was offered. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tobytoes
Dear Tobytoes: We are glad that you had a pleasant Columbus Day weekend visit to Raleigh, thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the bundled value that Embassy Suites provides. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to our area, and thank you again for choosing our hotel.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The property and staff are extreme in their providing a clean environment and quality experience. Being "welcomed back" as a recognized face says a lot for having staff with excellent people skills... good reason for returning again and again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert B: Thank you so much for being one of our repeat guests. I am glad that our team has had a chance to know you and welcome you back to our hotel on several occasions. It is one of the pleasures of the hospitality industry when we have a chance to see our guests on a regular basis. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and to providing many more pleasant stays at our Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek. Thank you for kind comments.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

From the time I was picked up at the airport until 5 days later when dropped off can only say sweet. The staff was constantly asking if they could assist me in anyway. Room or should I say rooms were great. Separate bedroom from rest of area. I have stayed at Embassy Suites on multiple occasions and this was by far the best. Manger's reception in the evening with free drinks was a great way to get you out of your room to mingle with other guest. The bartender was hustling just as hard as if he was serving in a high end club. Prepared breakfast each morning by a real chef was great. The chef did not mind when I requested eggs over-easy instead of the omelet. Need a little extra jolt in the morning then stop by the in-house coffee shop and have the barista make you double espresso. Had the grilled salmon for evening meal and it was comparable to nearby seafood restaurants. The welcome/evening hot fresh chocolate chip cookies were a perfect ending to a very enjoyable day. .

Room Tip: Was at meeting with 20 other guest from what I heard all rooms were the same.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlie H
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Charlie H: I can't tell you how delighted I am to know that our team made your 5-night stay with us a pleasant one all around. Thank you for taking the time to mention the various amenities and features - suite accommodations, complimentary full breakfast with cook-to-order eggs and complimentary evening reception - that make Embassy Suites such a great value. I am especially happy to know that our team provided a "sweet" experience throughout, we are indeed fortunate to have a group that treats hospitality as our primary responsibility. I trust that your meeting experience with us was productive and trouble free as well, thank you for your tremendous endorsement of our Embassy Suites Brier Creek.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, October 2nd and 3rd. We are very particular hotel guests so when we saw the reviews on this hotel we wondered if it actually lived up to the reviews. I can say 100% that it did. We had a king suit, room 106. It was just perfect in every way. The room was spotless, furniture was new, bed was comfy and the view was great. We could watch the planes come in for a landing from the chaise lounge sofa. There was a kitchen complete with mini fridge, microwave, granite counter tops and big kitchen table. The shower was very roomy with glass enclosure. They also served a wonderful complimentary breakfast with omelette station, hash browns, sausage, bacon, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries and much more. The price for this hotel is very fair. Also, there is plenty of shopping in a 2 minute drive or a short walk including Home Goods and Target. No need to go far for a restaurant either as there are plenty of them to choose from in the shopping plaza. You will not want for anything when you stay at this hotel! This is our new "go to" hotel when we stay in Raleigh.

Room Tip: Choose a room that enables you to overlook the planes landing at the airport....a higher floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathydnys
Dear kathydnys: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are fortunate to have a location that is convenient to many activities and an attractive, well equipped and contemporary facility, but most importantly a group of team members who take pride in their hospitality and a dedicated housekeeping team. We truly appreciate your kind comments, and look forward to the chance to demonstrate our hospitality on your next visit to our area as you travel from Florida. Thank you!
Mechanicsville, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything about our stay was excellent. This is the second time I have stayed at an Embassy Suites, and it was once again...excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel or any other Embassy Suite hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Matthew M: Thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek – we appreciate the opportunity to win your loyalty for our hotel and the Embassy brand. We hope to continue to provide warm hospitality and positive experiences for your travel needs, thank you for your kind recommendation.
Florence, Italy
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I had not stayed in an Embassy Suites in many years, so I was amazed at how wonderful this hotel was. Very contemporary. Beautiful lobby and bar areas. Great rooms outfitted for business and relaxation. Super clean. Great beds. Nice people. Near good shopping and restaurants. A winner.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Siobhan O
Dear Siobhan O: We are glad to have welcomed you back to the Embassy Suites brand of hotels…as staff members, we are also fans of the combination of facility and services that Embassy offers. Each Embassy hotel has some unique attributes, I am happy to know that our décor, people and location worked well for your travel needs – we look forward to welcoming you again, soon!