Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel. The lobby is gorgeous and the room was tasteful with creative space use. Absolutely loved the bathroom with the huge shower, thick fluffy towels and great lighting for makeup application. The front desk staff were courteous and professional. Like the added security of needing your room key in order to use the elevator. Overall, our stay was perfect!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Renny5903: What a nice compliment to our hotel and staff – thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It is good to know that our team and facility combined to provide you with a pleasant stay for your family, which is always our priority.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My stay at the Embassy Suites was great as usual. We had a company training meeting, so we used the conference rooms, in addition to the restaurant and food preparation. The food was great. I love their cook to order breakfast. It's just like mother made it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Charles L: It appears we have the great fortune to have you as our guest on many occasions, we truly appreciate your continued patronage of our hotel. I am glad to know that we were able to meet the needs of your company in providing meeting and food & beverage service – please thank your colleagues for us, I look forward to the pleasure of hosting your group soon. Thank you.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My stay at this hotel was not disappointing. The staff were very helpful and near many stores, restaurants. Clean and safe area in the city near airport. Different since my last stay in March 2012, the breakfast was cook to order but no pancakes cooked to order. Sad. Will be back in March annual stay for Women Empowerment. See u soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sharon D: Thank you for your return visit to our hotel, and for taking the time to comment on our staff and location. We look forward to the opportunity to provide an even better experience during your next visit and conference in March, spring is such a great time in our state. Thank you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel fit my family of six. Beautiful and modern. The hotel was very clean. The location was close to the airport, shopping and many places to eat. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!
I love the cook to order breakfast that the Embassy Suites provides as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear m0mmy04: As a reviewer who has posted from 11 cities and many hotels, we particularly appreciate your endorsement of our hotel. As an Embassy Suites, we work to provide a consistent and high quality breakfast experience. Our team takes great pride in maintaining our facility and providing all necessary services, and I do indeed hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is fairly new and simply beautiful. Very contemporary and the rooms are so beautiful. Very near shopping, airport and restaurants. I will definetly stay here again when visiting my son and for stay over for early flight to the airport. Great!!!! Free cocktails and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear MyAnnie: As a seasoned traveler, we especially appreciate your compliments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we look forward to having you as our guest and continuing to provide a pleasant stay each and every time.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall, clean and spacious, good friendly staff, "advanced" breakfast with real hot food, a Starbucks in the lobby (to make up for the typical bland industrial stuff available in the restaurant.) The annoyances come from the clean and spacious rooms. The sinks are the most annoying, impractical sinks ever designed: shallow, flat and square, they literally enhance the splashing of the water up and out (and onto your clothes) with the smallest activity. The hot water from the low-output sinks can take as long a 5 minutes to get hot. There is no "makeup mirror", so this is a consideration for women and guys for shaving. The beds have an enormous wooden bed frame that juts out but is hidden by the bedspread, so watch your shins as you go around the beds! And the room darkening curtains don't close all the way, so if sunlight wakes you up, be prepared for an early rise and shine!

The desk is well thought out and very functional for business.

Having said that, it's clean, conveniently located near an almost-walkable shopping area with lots of good restaurant choices. I would stay here again and just watch my shins and hope somebody's ripped out those stupid sinks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear GMak54: I am glad to know that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, despite the misses during your experience with us. I am surprised to hear of the slowness of the water temperature (we have plenty of capacity designed in), and the fact that our black-out drapes did not close completely (something not right in that case, they should be fully effective). While I cannot promise changes in furnishings, I can promise that we will continue to emphasize “good, friendly staff” and a complete and pleasant breakfast (and other) experience. Please feel free to contact me when you return to our hotel, we are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for you. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, we truly do enjoy hearing from our guests.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Based on other reviews, I decided to stay at this hotel. We've stayed at a few others in the area; this is now one of our favorite. Check-in was easy; the front desk was friendly & professional. My two boys and I stayed on the 8th floor in a larger double suite. We were pleased w/the space and I imagine we would've been fine as well in a smaller suite. The room reminded me of my European hotel stays. I think small, modern, simple rooms are cozy. I loved having a bathroom without a tub. We also chose this particular hotel because of the pool. It's just the right size & depth for my boys. We used it twice during our stay. It was clean & comfortable. We never had a problem getting towels to dry off. Other great things about this hotel: extra security- you must use a room key to activate the elevator. free breakfast- buffet-style suited our different tastes; very fulfilling; fresh fruit, good coffee, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal & more. location- short drive to downtown Raleigh or Durham; great state parks nearby; lots of stores (including Target & Walmart), food places (Panera), & entertainment places (a movie theatre) all within one mile. Frankies is a great place of entertainment for the kids; it's less than 5-10 miles away from the hotel. We drove downtown Raleigh for the kids' New Year's Eve festivities. I'm really glad we stayed at this particular hotel. Things were quiet when we returned just before midnight & they stayed that way the rest of the night. Thank you Mr. Kenneth Hite (Director of Guest Services). You have a good team.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear oranjpekoe: Thank you for making us one of your favorites in the area! We are glad to know that the friendly check-in process, suite accommodations and swimming pool worked well for you and the boys. Embassy Suites focuses on delivering a positive complimentary breakfast experience, and I am also happy to hear that it worked well for the varied tastes of your group. Your description of the nearby locations and other features provide a great picture for others whom we hope are considering staying with us. I am happy to also pass along your recognition of Ken Hite and the team, they are really the ones who bring it all together for us. Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area (I am an Irish Breakfast tea person, perhaps you'll share the story behind your nickname one day!)