Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
“LOVE THIS HOTEL!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

For a moderately priced hotel you can't beat this embassy! New, clean, great amenities and pool, 2 free bar drinks per person daily with appetizers and free nice cooked breakfast. Located in a very nice part of town. Their restaurant Flying Spoons is awesome and very reasonable. This was our third stay here and as always we love it. My parents refrigerator in the room wasn't cleaned out....they complained and next thing they knew they had a certificate for free dinner and desserts. The staff is awesome! Love Walter in the restaurant/starbucks area

Stayed April 2012
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
dear Jayme C: Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel, and for recognizing Walter - he is indeed an asset to our team. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay, an enjoyable visit to our indoor swimming pool, and that our complimentary breakfast and the cafe - Flying Spoons - were to your taste. I am sorry to hear of our oversight in cleaning out the suite refrigerator, and glad that our staff responded to this concern promptly - your overall satisfaction with the total stay is of utmost importance to us. Our best to you during your travels, we look forward to seeing you on your return to the Raleigh area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Southwest Connecticut
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel for business meetings. This property is fairly new and therefore looks so clean and pristine. It is actually. It is a short hotel shuttle ride from the airport and if you can't wait for the shuttle, it's about a $23 cab ride, including tip.

The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable. There were two HD big screen TVs; one in the bedroom and one in the living room, with plenty of HD programming. The bed was incredibly comfortable to sleep in and the room was very quiet. I did request a high floor, and I was on the 8th floor.

What I do not like are the new sinks in the bathroom that this hotel uses. I forgot to take a picture of it. They are very shallow and the glass just barely fits under the faucet without hitting the sink. And because they are so shallow, water tends to splash everywhere. I do think it was a mistake to add these certainly modern looking, yet somewhat impractical, sinks.

Breakfast is exceptional, and is included in the rate. You have a choice of eggs made all different ways, with a variety of sides. If that doesn't appeal to you, there is fresh, hot oatmeal with a variety of fruits and juices.

The dinner menu was OK. Not anything to write home about, but not bad either. Your choices include a variety of sandwiches and salads and usually one or two special entrees. But within walking distance, about a 10 to 15 minute walk, is a shopping center with a variety of stores and restaurants. The hotel shuttle will also take you there as well as to the shopping center that is across the major highway, which is not safe to walk to because of traffic.

There is a free managers reception every night with some light snacks and you do get two coupons for two free drinks every night. The lobby bar can get crowded during the managers reception time which is usually between 5:30 and 7:30 PM.

Every staff member I ran into was exceptional. They were all very friendly, said hello and when appropriate, asked if I needed anything. I had no problems that needed to be corrected while I was here.

I did not use the Spa, so my rating doesn't reflect what I actually thought about it. But when I did peek in, it looked very clean and neat.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area. Since all the rooms are suites, it may be a little more expensive, but when you add in the free breakfasts, it becomes worth it. Plus the exceptional staff makes this a very hospitable place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tonypct
Dear tonypct: We greatly appreciate your visits to our hotel, and are very happy to have you return for a third stay. As a senior contributor to TripAdvisor, you have provided a detailed overview of our hotel, something I am sure that many travelers will find useful in making their travel arrangements. You have touched on our location, comfortable guest suites (our Housekeeping Team takes great care of us!) breakfast, Flying Spoons cafe (we do keep the menu varied but brief due to the extensive number of choices within complimentary shuttle range of the hotel), Manager's Reception and more.
Your comments about the friendliness of our staff and your experience with them is particularly gratifying, and is a constant focus for us. We truly appreciate this reinforcement you have provided for us. We occasionally hear similar comments about the stylish but shallow sinks in our guest bathrooms - when the time comes to change those up (we're only in our 2nd year of operation now), we'll make certain that our designers have heard all the guest comments about every aspect of our hotel.
Again, thank you for your detailed review of our hotel, we look forward to seeing you as our guest whenever you are in the Raleigh area.
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 17 nights in the last year and I have to say it ranks among the best Embassy Suites in the entire chain. The best part of the entire experience has to be their friendly staff, who have gone out of their way to help us with any request we have had. The Front Desk makes check in a breeze, the Kitchen Staff coordinates a great Free Breakfast and the Bar Staff makes Happy Hour a great experience. Free easy parking and a wonderful Weight Room just add to the great stay. Do yourself a favor and stay here when in the Raleigh area...you will be happy you did.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear tammara92691: Wow, that is high praise indeed! We are thrilled to have provided an all around pleasant stay for you and your family, and take pride in sharing this and all guest comments with our entire team. I know that they take our success personally, and will take this as a challenge to maintain the best possible service levels that they can, each day. We very much look forward to hosting you on your future visits to North Carolina - we are happy to have been a part of your stay in our area, and look forward to doing so again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel is way out from Raleigh, and not that convenient if you need to be downtown. It is in an area with middle range chain stores and restaurants. the hotel is new and modern. This was the best Embassy we have stayed in physically. We were checked in by a not so friendly desk clerk who was not helpful at all. I was later surprised to see that he was front manager. the manager's reception was 2 coupons, it appears this is now going to be standard for this county according to someone's post. If you want or need more try Residence or Homewood where you can drink what you want. Bartenders were friendly here. Breakfast was what has to be there at Embassy hotels. no extras. Fruit was canned, only blueberry bagels and very little variety anywhere. If you are okay with basic breakfast it would be fine.I usually pay more to be at these hotels for breakfast and manager reception options, but would not do that here again. I would stay closer to Raleigh at Homewood Crabtree for all these reasons including better shopping and restaurants in the area.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joan3boys: Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek. Our hotel is located approximately 10 miles north of downtown Raleigh, nearr RDU International Airport. Travel times to downtown range from 25 to 30 minutes typically, along one of two main arteries. I am sorry to hear that we did not welcome you to our hotel with the warmth and friendliness that we aspire to - no excuse whatever the circumstance, we definitely take this to heart.
North Carolina is indeed moving to the two drink per person limit for "inclusive" receptions, this transition will happen over the next several months. Our hotel offers the full Embassy Suites breakfast menu, including omelets & sides, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, fruit (freshly cut pineapple and orange segments), etc., and ought to have had at least two varieties of bagels during your visit.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and sleeping rooms, we will address those areas that have been pointed out, in our effort to continuously improve our services to our guests, and the quality of experience we can provide. Thank you - we sincerely appreciate all guest feedback, always in the spirit of learning.
washington, dc
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is a new hotel, about 1.5 years old when I stayed there. It is very modern and clean, and the staff is very accommodating. I stayed in the one bedroom suite, which was a little smaller than similar suites that I've stayed in, but a great use of the space. It felt bigger than it really was. The layout of the room is nice, and I felt that I could easily accommodate a meeting of four people at the table in the kitchen/living room area. The hotel has a big lobby, with lots of seating. I held a meeting of five people in that area, and felt that we had plenty of privacy. There is a restaurant on site and they served us food in the lobby/meeting area. There is also a separate coffee/cafe area, which was nice. You can rent a meeting room if you like and the hotel has a decent business center. I ran into problems at the business center, but the hotel staff immediately checked in with me and helped me resovle my problem quickly. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the airport and 15-20 minutes from downtown. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TeamEmbassyBrierCrk, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
dear abinney: As a Senior Reviewer, I am sure that many TripAdvisor readers find your experienced insight particularly valuable, we certainly appreciate your time in posting a review of your stay that covers so many aspects of our hotel. We are gratified that you enjoyed the facilities and that our staff was helpful and accommodating - this is the level of care that our entire team aspires to each and every day. Our hotel does indeed have a variety of event space, from seasonal outdoor "Flight Deck" to well outfitted Board Room and two divisible Ballrooms (3200 square feet for the larger), that offer many flexible configurations. You have also pointed out our convenient crossroads location between many Triangle destinations, this has definitely been a positive factor for us. Thank you, we look forward to serving you on your future travel to our area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2012

First off , we did not eat or drink there. Other than a coffee. We loved the shower. Bed was just wright. We were in a non suite. I would stay here again. Their are some great places to eat nearby. Breakfast - cracker barrel, lunch - BBQ @ the pit , dinner at angus barn . Lots of places to see & eat at. Side note , their was a tv in the mirror. Awesome :)

• Stayed April 2012
Dear 1justfishin: Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites RDU / Brier Creek over the Easter Weekend, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is indeed at a location which offers many food, shopping and theater options nearby, while at the same time convenient to the airport and business centers across the Triangle. Most importantly, it sounds like you had a pleasant and restful stay in the non-suite - we have a few of these which feature the showers with body jets, mirror TV, and offer the option of connecting to a full suite.
Thank you once again, we look forward to your return visit with our hotel.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Was in the area for work for a number of months. I was staying at a near by hotel (read inferior) After multiple trips hotel<->office I finally had the chance to venture out for lunch and saw the embassy suites. Interested I checked and sure enough they supported my corporate code. WOW what a difference the hotel was beautiful with a great lobby free indoor/underground parking. THe hotel was spotless. The lobby was clean it almost felt like a lobby at an all inclusive hotel with a waterfall a coffee/snack bar (serving well made Starbucks brand products). The hotel has an amazing bar, being well travelled it is rare that a hotel lobby bar is so much fun. As is common with Embassy they offer two "managers receptions" coupons per night which can be used for drink at the bar. The hotel must have lots of conferences (hosted in the hotel) as the bar seemed to be usually busy with a great mix of people, this made it much easier to travel alone as every night got to meet new people. The pool and hot-tub looked great as well.

The rooms were great, again really clean wide open rooms, nice hardwood floor with an awesome bed and They have multiple room types(I stayed in all of them depending on availability)I would highly recommend the king suite(the king regular was great too). The king suite has lots of room (kitchenette, lounge separate bedroom, great shower and bathroom).

Most important to my stay, however, were the people. The staff were all amazingly friendly. Given my natural appreciation of the friendly south, these folks went above and beyond. The value I put on this cannot be understated, and in my line of work makes the difference between a trip and a great trip. Specifically one of the bartenders (Jennifer) was amazing, I loved when it was her shift, she had hospitality nailed down, whether it was a friendly smile when it was busy or a great chat when things died down a bit. She was amazingly friendly and great fun. If you make it to Raleigh and you take my advice and stay at the Embassy say HI! to Jen!

Room Tip: King Suites are my favourite - you'll feel like a king/queen :)