“What a Pleasant Surprise”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at this Embassy Suites as it was one of the hotels listed by the hosts of the Southern Tandem Rally which we attended in September. This property is only about 1 year old and room 700 was very well built and decorated. Check-in was a breeze and as we slid our key card in our door and pushed it open, we were surprised with the modern decor. The bathroom is always what I check first for cleanliness. Hey, what's the remote for on the bathroom mirror? When clicked, a tv screen appeared on the lower half of the mirror--cool. The shower in the bathroom was wonderful and had multiple shower heads. This room also had 1 king bed that was very comfortable, a frig, microwave and large flat screen tv. We were a bit nervous about the location of our room to the ice machine but we did not need to worry as we never noticed any noise in the hallways once in our room. We had a large window that had a nice view of the area from the 7th floor. We enjoyed a bit of time in the public hot tub and asked hotel staff if the tub temperature could be increased and it wasn't long after that we felt warmer water spilling into the tub. The breakfast was unbelievable. Served to order and with a smile--an absolute wonderful start to our biking day. Cocktail time included 2 drink tickets and snacks which was a nice touch to all that this property already offers. Location was also wonderful with many food choices in walking distance from the hotel. Look forward to staying here again if in this area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Embassy Suites have always seemed a good value for the size of the room and the extras like breakfast and free internet. This property is the "new" Embassy Suites design which includes rooms that are NOT suites. The lobby is very upscale and modern. We booked a king room which turned out to be tiny. There was a bed, a few feet around it, a narrow shelf/desk with a small chair and a short hallway to the bathroom. There was one overstuffed chair at the entrance to the bathroom. We called the front desk and they explained that Embassy Suites standard King is now a single room. We were able to upgrade to the room we thought we had booked for $10. After settling into our new room, we tried to log into the internet. This property charges $9.95/day for internet access. Apparently, the Embassy Suites are franchised and internet charges are decided by each property.
So, we had started with a $109/night room and were now up to $129/nt for what we thought we had booked.
Since we were in Raleigh for an extended visit, we made some calls. The Fairfield Inn, also in Brier Creek, was $79 ($71 with AAA) and since we are frequent Marriott visitors, we were upgraded to a suite. Even without the upgrade it was only $89. It isn't quite as big or upscale as the Embassy Suite room but it has a sitting area, refrig and microwave and free internet.
So, if you are looking for lodging in this area, you may want to be sure of what you are booking (a single room or suite) and check other local hotels.

3  Thank Lextraveller
Reviewed September 23, 2011

While the hotel is very beautiful, that is really the onyl nice thing I have to say about it. We were placed in room 316 which was right off the elevator, but I did not mind since you could not hear the elevator from the room. However, later that night when returning home from dinner, the bar had turned into a club, and the music was exteremly loud, and believe me I could hear the bass from the room. I called the front desk, but they stated that....."sorry it doesn't stop till 1 AM, there is nothing we can do". How about move me to another room? I then had meetings in my room all the next day so I had the do not disturb sign up, but did leave for lunch so they could clean the room, and they did not. I had a couple of more meetings and called to get the room made up at 3pm, and they said....."sorry, all the housekeepers have left, so we will not be making up your room". They did bring me some towels. Needless to say, i would not recommend this hotel or ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the second or third floors or you will be up until the way too loud music stops at 1...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank pj75martin
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had a great one night stay at this hotel. Everything is very new and clean. The lounge is nice and pretty happening at happy hour, and the 2 free drinks are a nice touch. My room was large and well furnished, and the bathroom was great. The pool area and outdoor lounge is also pretty sharp looking for an airport/business hotel. Breakfast was better than expected. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Raleigh. Service was top notch from checkin to checkout.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is the best Embassy I have ever experienced. One year old, fantastic design and interior. Great people. Local law limits the happy hour to two beverages. Great transportation staff will take you to nearby restaurants and the hotel offers limited food if you don't want to go out.

My only complaint....be it a mild one....is that the satellite radio in every part of the public space on tbe lobby level was too loud.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights at this beautiful property in one of the king suites. I was impressed with the friendliness of all the staff, the clean rooms, and the superb location. The breakfast and manager's reception were one of the nicest that we have been to in my last three Embassy experiences. The hospitality staff was friendly, the food was fresh and tasty, and they paid attention to special omelet orders with our dietary concerns. One of the hidden treasures of the hotel was the cafe on the first floor. They serve some of the best cupcakes I've had in awhile and, like the rest of the hotel staff, the folks working the cafe are extremely friendly. My husband is vegan so the woman at the counter made him a special fruit tray so that we could share dessert. This is -- hands down -- one of the best Hilton brand hotels that we have been to (and as gold members we've been to quite a few). We will stay here for any travel in the Raleigh/Durham area and would wholeheartedly recommend this property to friends and family.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Hotel is very nice and updated rooms. Staff was great and thier courtesy van will take you in and around brier creek to have dinner and then pick you up and return you safely to the hotel. Can also leave your car there and get a ride to the airprt. The staff is so friendly. I would definitely stay there again next time I fly out of RDU. No hassles.