“A very clean, comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
San Luis Obispo, California
“A very clean, comfortable stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We really appreciated this hotel when we stayed here in June for two nights in the middle of a very long road trip.

The front desk staff was warm and friendly. They put thought into our room assignment and ensured we were in a low traffic area so as to not be disrupted. (I was suffering from terrible headaches at the time.)

The location is a bit removed, unless you're visiting nearby NC State University. Aside from the gas station across the street, there didn't seem to be much within walking distance. But there is a grocery store just a short drive away, and the lush, treed setting was very peaceful.

We are staying in Raleigh again at the end of the summer, this time for a week, and we didn't hesitate to re-book this property. We even requested the same room and were graciously accommodated.

Bonus: IT'S FULLY SMOKE-FREE AND DOGS ARE PERMITTED FOR A SMALL DAILY FEE.

Room Tip: The location is well removed from the highway, so I imagine all rooms would be equally quiet in that...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
In our business the best compliment is a return guest. We appreciate this review and your valued business. We are thrilled you enjoyed your past stay and look forward to your future stay! I would love the opportunity to meet you personally when you return.

In hospitality,
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near NC State University SW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The front desk worker, Sherrie is a kind, friendly person. She has addressed any and every issue I have had during my multiple visits for the past two years. Although I am not at home her kindness makes me feel as though I am walking through the front door of my own home. She is definitely a hard worker and makes the trip great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
What a nice and thoughtful review! Sherrie is a jewel and we are so blessed to have her a part of our team. I look forward to sharing this thoughtful review with her. She will be delighted and encouraged to continue to be a leader in guest services.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the NC State University. It is in a quiet location despite being near route 40 and is next to a gas station (which I very much needed the next day). Check-in was fast and the front desk staff were nice. The room I was given was on the second floor, was clean and it had a microwave oven and a mini-fridge. The bed had firm and soft pillows which were labeled. My only gripe is that I did not see the 'Do not disturb' sign in the room and since it's already late at night did not bother to ask from the front desk hence the knocking on the door in the morning by housekeeping. The breakfast is more than adequate. The wifi and parking are free.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate your business and hope you can come back soon!

All the best,

The Grand Strand
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was our annual trip to Raleigh and the hotel we normally stay wasn't available. My job offered a discount at The Holiday Inn Express and we decided to go with them. The location is off of the expressway and the only thing within walking distance was a gas station.
THE GOOD: comfortable beds, microwave and small frig, pillow choice, breakfast, and staff.
THE BAD: a/c unit, no bathroom vent,
THE UGLY: the stained sofa bed *
I will say the hotel was clean and I would stay again but will check certain things before accepting a room.
* the staff removed the mattress and replaced it with a roll away and we were charged full price

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Your feedback is very much appreciated. Receiving feedback is an opportunity for us to correct the "wrongs" and improve the "good". I apologize your stay was less than perfect. I would certainly welcome an opportunity to discuss this with you more personally. I am glad to hear you would give us another try and I want your next stay to be perfect. My contact information is below and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

919-854-0001 or gormanexpress@aol.com
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We reserved a block of rooms here for my daughter's Raleigh wedding. It is extremely close to the Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus, a popular reception and wedding site. From the very beginning, they were extremely easy to work with when setting up the block. We visited family during the stay and found the hotel to be extremely nice inside. We even had breakfast with family the day after the wedding and I'd have to say that their breakfast blows Hampton Inns' out of the water! Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage links and patties, and the coolest pancake machine I have ever seen. Our wedding visitors had nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Great value!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
What an awesome review, thank you! Lifetime memories are made at weddings and we are glad to be a part of it. The opportunity to accommodate your family and loved ones during such a special event is greatly appreciated. The pancake machine is hands down my favorite.

Delaware
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was visiting a company located in the NC State campus and this property looked very convenient, with great reviews. I was very happy with the place. It was very new and impeccably clean. Breakfast was nice - very comparable to the Hampton Inns I usually try to stay in. Very close to route 40 and minutes away from any number of nice restaurants. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet. There was a manager reception on Tuesday, with free beer and nachos/tacos. The front desk folks were most hospitable and seemed really happy to be doing their job and making the guests feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! The Chinese philosopher, Confucius said, "Choose a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life." We pride ourselves on working with staff who love what they do. Thank you for taking notice.

In hospitality,

Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I met up with a faraway friend here on an overnight visit with our kids. We chose this property for ease of parking, the indoor pool and the rate. Property was very clean, and new looking. On check-in, we mentioned we were looking for family friendly activities. Both clerks were very helpful and gave us some visitor guides, as well as specific information my friend needed to find a certain type of store. This property was easy to find, convenient to gas, food, and shopping. Downtown Raleigh was not hard to get to from here either (with a car). The kids really enjoyed the pool, although it was a bit chilly to the adults. The hot tub made that better. There was not much lighting in the pool area after dark, only the underwater pool lights and some overflow light from the fitness area. It was not enough to make me feel unsafe in a group, but if I had been alone I would have felt a bit uneasy. The breakfast at this location was fabulous. BACON!!! :) Pancakes, yogurt, fruit, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal...we tried it all. The attendant was perfect, not hovering over us while we ate, but available when we had a question. The front desk staff at check out was also very friendly. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this kind review. We appreciate your business and hope you got to enjoy Raleigh. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites near NC State University SW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Aloft Raleigh
Aloft Raleigh
#22 of 86 in Raleigh

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW? Share your experiences!