Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed October 29, 2013

First of all I would like to commend the Staff. Manager Milton is absolutely outstanding. I had some concerns about both my and family arrival times, I was flying in and they were driving, also accomodations. Left message Milton immediately called me back, helped me through the process and had rooms for us upon arrival. Milton was so wonderful and his Staff feels the same way. Bill was so wonderful in finding a place for me to eat, and the place he recommended served really good food. And I really enjoyed talking to him. Milton, Bill and Sherrie made us feel right at home. Breakfast was very good, rooms very clean, all staff were the Greatest. And yes if and when I return to Raleigh that is the place I would like to stay and would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I was always told that if you found a job you loved you would never work again. I find that so true. The staff and I find it so rewarding we can accommodate our guest’s needs. Your review will be discussed at our next meeting to encourage our staff to continue to do the little extras that makes a guest’s stay pleasant.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We came in for the NC State Fair, and I thought that I'd booked for 2 nights, but I booked just one. They were sold-out. Milton Hamilton, the General Manager, found us a room at another Holiday Inn Express, for the same rate, booked it for us and then gave us directions. I was so impressed with him! He was polite, friendly and helpful! I will remember this hotel for the next time that I'm in Raleigh!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vict0ri
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

David Thomas once said, "Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls." Thank you for such a kind and noble review. I trust you all enjoyed NC State Fair and we hope to see you back soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Most of the time you can find one thing to complain about but not at this one!! Everything was perfect the hotel is clean!! Breakfast was great, bed was great and room was spotless!!! Hats off to the Managment and staff and thank you for making us feel as if we were staying at a friends house!!!----Gary Lexington N.C.

Stayed: October 2013
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and this awesome review. One of the kindest things you can say to an hotelier is that we made you feel you were at home or at a friend's home. I am truly thankful for your review and hope we can accommodate you as such again soon!

In hospitality,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to NC State. The room was fine, nice and quiet. Impressive considering a couple high school track teams were there with us. The breakfast was above average with hot eggs (fake, but still tasty), sausage.bacon, biscuits...and an automatic pancake maker! This price was a little on the high side but we didn't search online for the best deal (expense account anyway). We'd definitely stay here on our own dime with a slightly better rate.

Room Tip: The backside of the hotel faces a road but it's far enough away that car noise shouldn't be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Curtis S
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for this great review. Awesome to hear you had a quiet stay giving how busy we were. The pancake maker is definitely my favorite. Come stay with us again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We chose to stay here because it is dog friendly. It is in a convenient location in Raleigh and very clean. The bed is comfortable and the service seems very nice and willing to help. The only negative is the noise level- we stayed on the first floor and could hear basically everything going on in the hall. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with this place at all!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

So glad we could accommodate you and your dog and thank you for your kind comments. Let me know when you plan to stay with us next time so I can make sure you are in a quieter part of our property. We hope that next stay will be soon :)

See you soon,

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

North Carolina is a great area. The kids are entertained, and there are many places to go for entertainment. It really depends where you go.
In general, it is a great place to explore. Plus there are tons of places you can explore (by walking distance) Your trip can also depend on who you bring, because some trips (people ammount) can affect what you do and how you enjoy your adventure.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank kaitie-lynn p
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed our great state of North Carolina. There are certainly many things to do in this area. We hope you return soon so you can continue your exploration of our great state and the greater Raleigh area.

In hospitality,

GM

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for work and found it conveniently located off the I40 with access to all of Raleigh from Gorman Road. The staff was remarkably pleasant with the exception of one desk clerk that wasn't there very often. Housekeeping was probably the best I have ever encountered with their room cleanliness. I saw them on their hands and knees cleaning the carpet in one room. My door had an issue and the engineer was there fixing it within 5 minutes. Breakfast was always prompt and the hot coffee, 24 hours a day, was just great.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was still pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ind_sub
RDUGS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at NC State SW, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We appreciate our guest feedback! Your voice is what matters. Thank you for taking the time to voice your great remarks. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when you are back in the Great Raleigh area.

All the best,