“Children's Museum is okay but Moore Park is not”

Marbles Kids Museum
Ranked #4 of 152 things to do in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Marbles Kids Museum is a hands-on, interactive destination that inspires children to be creative thinkers, active learners and confident individuals in today's world. With five galleries and two outdoor escapes, there is no shortage of activity for kids birth to 12 and their families. The campus also features the Wachovia IMAX Theatre at Marbles Kids Museum. This 267-seat giant-screen experience is the only 3D capable IMAX theatre in North Carolina.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

As a parent who has to travel frequently I'm familiar with all things Children's Museum related. The actual museum is nice, nothing too out of the ordinary but it is huge compared to most. To me the best aspect of the museum was the live demonstrations for the children. Today it was on pressure. Forcing rockets up in the air. Outstanding one on one interaction, everyone was very nice.

I can not give a complete review without talking about Moore Park/square which the museum is on. I got sandwiches at Subway and ate in the park for an hour which allowed us more than ample time to see lots to homeless people, drug dealers (and deals), and trash floating about. To top it off, I never saw a police officer in that hour. I'm rather horrified that a children's museum is next this! It could be that the Salvation Army's Center to the right of Marbles on Moore square is to be blamed. All the same be aware that it is not the best part of Raleigh.

If you have kids in the area this is a must goto place.

2  Thank Clay27921

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Marbles is my grandson's favorite place to visit in the area. His ideal vacations are the beach, Disney World and Marbles. He has loved Marbles since he was three years old. He enjoys different things now than when he was younger, but Marbles has things that bring him great pleasure. He enjoys working in the vet area, making pizzas ,and pushing the shopping carts.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife went here with our son and said it was a great place...at a lovely affordable price! Our son really enjoyed himself and location downtown was a great thing for walking around afterwards.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My four year old enjoyed this place. They had a lot of different exhibits that are very interactive. Price is outstanding, we paid $15 for three of us. My son was so excited about this place he said we need to go back with his grandmother. My only complaints are that the parking was a little expensive for my tastes but I guess with the low admissions helps that out. The other thing I didn't like was they had a session with a vet which was terrible. I was expecting that he would brought out some different animals and but he didn't. Anyway those are minor things overall a great place for kids

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I brought my 4 year old daughter and she absolutely LOVED this place! There was so many different things she could do it was more like a giant play place! And the value was great! Just $10 for the two of us!

Been to Marbles Kids Museum? Share your experiences!