“Comfy and clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
“Comfy and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had an awesome stay at your hotel. It was very clean and the staff was nice and friendly. The beds were so comfy. The amenities there were appreciated and we were very grateful for that. We have recommended this hotel to many of our friends. Also a big thank you to the lady at the front desk that gave us direction to this amazing restaurant!! Thanks again staff at comfort inn at Raleigh NC

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Dholinko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

At first the one person working was nice. When my remote ran out of batteries a minute after I turned the television on, I walked down to the front desk and he gave me the batteries out of his remote (nice, but this was because he couldn't find others...).

I called the desk five or so minutes later because the internet password was no where in the room. It rang for a minute with no answer. 5 minutes later same. 5 minutes later same. 5 minutes later same, only this time, before hanging up my room phone, I grabbed my cell and dialed the front desk, and my call from my cell was immediately answered. So apparently they only ignore paying guests.

Topping on the cake - I was woken up at 4 in the morning to the people in the room next store cussing and yelling about the prostitute needing to be paid...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Athene_Rose
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was quiet and clean. The hospitality of the staff was very good. After a long drive, it was just we needed. The price was economical and a great price. Breakfast was good. It was everything we needed to bring my son to school. The only down fall was the fact that there was no pool. But I definitely would return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Needed a hotel room because my daughter was having orientation at her College. We decided to find a nice hotel with a reasonable price. We came across Comfort Inn they accommodated our needs immediately. The rooms were a nice size, clean and the bed was so comfortable I was sleep within 5 minutes. Breakfast was great had a nice size waffle that you would pay about $5-7 for at any restaurant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice quiet place.

Room Tip: Nice quiet location
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Both rooms we stayed in smelled like smoke and walls were very thin. There were people loud all night slamming doors. We called down to the front desk to complain but the noise continued. The breakfast seemed old and some things didn't look like you should eat it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason C
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife says that when she thinks of Comfort Inn, this is the kind of experience she expects. The room, though small, has everything a room needs to make in functional and affordable. Everything a person needs is here! Everything was generally nice, the bed was comfy and clean, the restroom was laid out in a manner that makes sense and was also clean. Cleanliness was high in my room.

Also, no signs saying you are parking at your own risk. No signs saying "We are not responsible for missing items!" There are cameras outside covering almost every inch of the parking lot. There are cameras inside and in the hallways. I was comfortable with leaving my gadgets in my room and when I came back, everything was still there.

The staff was very friendly and professional. They were very quick to help out, and the maids do a nice job of cleaning (Actually wrapping our bed in new linens each day). We stayed on the 4th of July, and the Hotel gave their housekeepers the day off. They managed the hotel just fine without them.

So why the 4 instead of 5? Well, even though the place is clean, it has a plethora of very strange odors wafting through the hallways. I would not be concerned if it was the same odor, but every day the odor was different. From mildew to sulfur to other smells. Also, the breakfast was sub par at best. It offered the full gambit of food options, but a lot of it was generally not tasty.

So if you want comfort and security, ignore the smells (They are not that strong, and I have a sensitive sense of smell anyway), and accept the idea that you may be eating cereal or bagels for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Overall we were pleased with the hotel. Room was nice, king sized bed was comfy, shower was great-especially the oversized shower head. Breakfast selections (at 7 am) were a bit sparce but not bad. The downstairs lobby was stifling-almost as if there was no air. Upon our return after dinner, the lobby had a very "funky" smell-NOT nice at all. The second floor hall was missing a fire extinguisher. I went down and asked about it at the front desk. Response was-it was taken out last week. I was not to thrilled about that!
Checkout at 8:05 am was painfully slow. I was the only one in line. The desk clerk was in the back on her personal phone. When she saw me she put her work vest on and came to the counter-STILL on the phone. In fact she proceeded to talk on the phone the entire time it took her to check me out (the call was obviously a personal one as she was talking about her kid's dad and so on and so forth.)
At 8:15 I finally was able to leave with my required paperwork. Note-there were no extra charges, nothing special on the bill-just your typical checkout. There was NO reason for this to take 10 minutes!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business