“Smackin Macaroni & Cheese”
Review of Busy Bee Cafe - CLOSED

Busy Bee Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This downtown Raleigh cafe restaurant, and yes, open until 2 am everyday was the perfect eatery for me - a Californian returning to his home state to blend with the locals. Raleigh is a university town, and I love the mix of the crowd, the ambience, and the mac and cheese - it is to smack for! Drop in and indulge in the best mac and cheese in town - get to smackin!

1  Thank rixx2

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were with a group and attended busy bee on a Sunday night. There were around 20 of us and the staff handled it great! The food at busy bee was surprisingly REALLY good, just a bit overpriced in my opinion. I had a super rare cask beer that was about 11% abv, so I only needed one - just one example of the unique beer menu at Busy Bee! I would definitely recommend Busy Bee!

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

They host a beer dinner every month or so and pair beer with 5 different courses. This is always amazing! Chef David is a rock star in the kitchen. Of course there core menu is good too. The tot burger is killer. Specials are always good. Shrimo and grits, wow! Can't go wrong here. When in Raleigh this is a must do!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our group went on a Saturday night to this very popular restaurant. The food was very good, my salmon and lentil entree was fantastic, although the hamburgers they had looked very tempting to me too. So many types of beers to choose from, I ended up with a Peoples Porter mainly because I love Porters and couldn't make my mind up given their huge selection. But man, it was loud in that restaurant. There was a party up in the loft, people standing and milling at the bar, we couldn't even hear people speak at our table. So be prepared for that if you go on a busy night.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went in for drinks after dinner and really enjoyed this place. Doesn't look like much from outside, but it is bright and fun inside. Creative cocktails too.