“Great food and service”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Six Forks and Lassiter Mills
Description: Flights Restaurant & Lounge at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel is a local favorite, with a team of culinary professionals led by two-time record holding Executive Chef Dean Thompson, winner of the Fire in the Triangle regional competition dining series. Delight in a whimsical setting for an inspired eclectic meal, whether it be for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or refreshments in the lounge. Flights offers a contemporary spirit and a lively atmosphere, tempered by relaxed style and flavorful personality.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food and service here was outstanding! When we reserved the room we paid a little extra to include the buffet at breakfast and it cost less money if you pre-pay for this as opposed to not doing so. You can have eggs or omelets made to order as well as fresh pancakes, waffles or french toast. This is a culinary treat for your taste buds, enjoy!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently dined at Flights - Renaissance North Hills through a reservation I made on OpenTable.com. Below summarizes my dining experience. I hope you will find this helpful next time you are deciding where to dine. I picked this restaurant to surprise my husband with a nice dinner for Valentine's Day. The food was Horrible, they had a "Special" Three-Course Menu for V-Day....only had 3 items per course. Can we say completely disgusting! I ordered the Lobster and Grits.....tasted like burnt rubber....couldn't even eat it if I wanted to that's how horrible it was. Then I ordered the Tenderloin....I have no problem eating Medium cooked Steak. However, the Tenderloin was COMPLETELY Raw!! Then, they sit us directly in front of the door...so it was freezing and no privacy. Lastly, keep in mind it was only my husband and I dining...they charged us an 18% Gratuity. Giving us a $100 bill even with the $25 Gift Certificate from Restaurant.com Complete waste of time and money. I think we would have been better off just going to TGI Friday's.... at least the food would have been good and worth the money.

3  Thank Anonymous0214
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This restaurant is in a beautiful hotel in north hills. The atmosphere and decor is beautiful, the service was great, but the food was less than average. Chicken flatbread came out soggy and the only flavor was smoke . Flank steak wrap was grizzley and very under seasoned . Presentation was preset on the eyes , but need to work on quality of food.

1  Thank katied80
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We dined at Flights during Triangle Restaurant Week and tried the three-course tasting menu. The dishes ranged from bleck to delish (mostly delish), but my biggest problem was how drafty and cold the restaurant was. Granted it was a very cold night, and the manager informed us that a new revolving door for the front entrance was in the works, but our dining experience was marred. (It is irksome, that despite a reservation, we were not seated at one of the banquette tables that remained empty our first 45 minutes there, but rather in full view of the kitchen and the front desk.)

The mushroom soup was flavorful (and warm) and my husband pronounced the duck confit slider rich with a nice touch of sweetness. He also enjoyed his poissin, but my Chilean sea bass was oddly lacking in flavor. The warm cheesecake was light and lemony, but the cherry chocolate cake was a gloppy, overly cherry goop -- inedible.

Service was knowledgeable and attentive, though, with at least four different staff members stopping by to inquire, felt a bit pesky.

Though it is attractive, I think the ambiance of Flights is a bit too cool and sterile (way too brightly lit, cavernous ceilings, tile floors, bright walls), and the frigid dining temperature exacerbated that coldness. The food and service would have to be exceptional to overcome the res --, and they weren't quite there.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I heard about Flights on yelp and saw it on restaurant.com for a $100 certificate and because of the reviews we took the family. I have to say that I was a little disappointed. The amuse buche was decent a play on a corned beef sandwich. My appetizer with gnocchi and truffle with proscuitto was amazing! Then the main course...the filet was tasteless. The chicken and dumplings had the same "gnocchi" as my appetizer and the pork dish and scallops were just OK. Nobody at the table enjoyed this course. Dinner ended on a high note with the warm cheesecake which was as delicious as everyone says it is. We brought our own wine for a $12 corkage fee and we still payed over $300 (with discount) for 6 people with one round of drinks and food. In my opinion way to expensive for the food quality. I'm giving it 3 stars for the appetizer and desert...my advice would be grab a drink at the bar and stick to that.

1  Thank jnole82