“can't miss cupcakes”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My fiancee and I are in love with their cupcakes!!! Best we have ever had! Try the Simply Cinnamon or the You Mocha me Crazy cupcakes for a real treat! My fiancee is addicted to their Big Red (red velvet) as well. We will most likely be having them do the cake for our wedding.

There are newer reviews for Cupcake Shoppe Bakery

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The cupcakes from here never disappoint! There are many staples that they have most of the time (including but not limited to chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, mint chocolate - all with much cuter names) but some of the ones I get most excited about are the seasonals. My favorite is the St. Patricks Day offering from the past two years - Chocolate stout cake with Bailey's Irish Creme icing. YUM! All their baked good are made from scratch and fresh daily. They also have a tasty carrot cake one as well as red velvet. Try one or get 4 or 6 to go. It's also a cute parlour-esque place to sit and eat. They also have coffee that pairs well.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I found this place in the raleigh magazine and got the pretty in pink and simply vanilla. My first gourmet cupcake and it was delicious

Reviewed November 29, 2012

These are the best homemade cake and cupcakes I have ever had. I have driven by this shop many times but never stopped because some of the reviews were not the best, but recently I rewarded my daughter for good grades with a mother daughter date. We usually go to a neighboring bakery but we happened to be right there at the cupcakeshoppe on Glenwood Ave so I thought we would try it out. I am so glad i tried this place out for myself. I got the lemon zinger which was heaven. I love the frosting and they give you the perfect amount for frosting lover,s. My daughter had the cookie monster and since she is more of a cake lover there was enough frosting for her to enjoy and a lil extra for me :) This is definetly our new favorite spot, perfect for family outings or date nights.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We love trying new bakeries and cupcake shops, so when we saw the Cupcake Shoppe on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh, we were eager to try it.

The building is cute, and the color scheme is perfect. The inside is clean, and smells good. They have a small display and about a dozen choices at any given time. They also offer a couple other options from time to time such as brownies.

The good: the presentation of the cupcakes is very nice. They look great, and you can tell some time went into making them. Also, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The bad; The cupcakes.The "cake" portion was a little dry, crumbly, and really didn't taste all that great. The frosting was overly sugary without enough flavor. For example, the peanut butter frosting really didn't taste like peanut butter, but more like powder sugar frosting. Also, you pay a lot for these premium cupcakes. We ordered 4 and the price was almost $14. Now, this isn't out of line from other premium bakeries, but the product was disappointing for the price to say the least.

In short, we won't go back only because there are other bakeries in the area that are better.