“Yum”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I found this place in the raleigh magazine and got the pretty in pink and simply vanilla. My first gourmet cupcake and it was delicious

• Visited May 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“my favorite new cupcake place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

These are the best homemade cake and cupcakes I have ever had. I have driven by this shop many times but never stopped because some of the reviews were not the best, but recently I rewarded my daughter for good grades with a mother daughter date. We usually go to a neighboring bakery but we happened to be right there at the cupcakeshoppe on Glenwood Ave so I thought we would try it out. I am so glad i tried this place out for myself. I got the lemon zinger which was heaven. I love the frosting and they give you the perfect amount for frosting lover,s. My daughter had the cookie monster and since she is more of a cake lover there was enough frosting for her to enjoy and a lil extra for me :) This is definetly our new favorite spot, perfect for family outings or date nights.

• Visited November 2012
USA
“Below Expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We love trying new bakeries and cupcake shops, so when we saw the Cupcake Shoppe on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh, we were eager to try it.

The building is cute, and the color scheme is perfect. The inside is clean, and smells good. They have a small display and about a dozen choices at any given time. They also offer a couple other options from time to time such as brownies.

The good: the presentation of the cupcakes is very nice. They look great, and you can tell some time went into making them. Also, the staff is friendly and helpful.

The bad; The cupcakes.The "cake" portion was a little dry, crumbly, and really didn't taste all that great. The frosting was overly sugary without enough flavor. For example, the peanut butter frosting really didn't taste like peanut butter, but more like powder sugar frosting. Also, you pay a lot for these premium cupcakes. We ordered 4 and the price was almost $14. Now, this isn't out of line from other premium bakeries, but the product was disappointing for the price to say the least.

In short, we won't go back only because there are other bakeries in the area that are better.

• Visited October 2012
Morrisville, North Carolina
“The answer for your cupcake cravings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Be prepared for an overload of sugar... I strongly recommend sharing. Even half a cupcake is a bit too much for me.
I love the lemon zinger and he coffee flavored cupcake.

If you want to order a bunch - they do take orders for mini cupcakes if you order in advance.

Parking is on the street - so it can be difficult on weekends. But if you are with someone you can just ask them to wait in the car while you run in to get the cupcakes.

• Visited September 2012
NC
“Take your $3 and buy Duncan Hines, and a cupcake pan”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This shoppe is gorgeous, and very pretty to look at.
I have been to this place a few times, each time hoping that the cupcakes would be amazing. My last visit was definitely my last - the cupcakes were dry, and obviously were made 2 or more days before. I don't need to try them again.

• Visited September 2011