“Get your Rodin Fix here!”

North Carolina Museum of Art
Ranked #4 of 123 things to do in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the leading art museums in the American South, the North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA) recently completed a major, three-year expansion that places it in the front ranks of museums nationwide. The NCMA offers a permanent collection spanning more than 5,000 years, a variety of celebrated exhibitions and public programs, an amphitheater for outdoor performances, and the nation’s largest museum park—164 acres of trails and parkland containing major works of art.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Visiting family in Raleigh and had an afternoon with DIL, so we elected to visit the wonderful collection of Auguste Rodin sculptures at NC MOA. It was fabulous!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2014

I am very biased because I grew up in NYC but the Art Museum is very nicely laid out and has some really nice works. I also like that they do get the traveling works and so people can see the true masters work at times.

The restaurant in the museum is really good and the whole vibe is relaxed.

Reviewed December 4, 2014

When I go to art museums, it is usually in big cities. When I visited this one with some out-of-town company I didn't have very high hopes. Much to my surprise it was extremely well done and professional. Since that visit I have wanted to find time to go back. If you have a chance - please go. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

I enjoyed this museum tremendously, not only because of it's art collection and various exhibitions, I also love the outdoor statues and large area to walk around it. My family visit this museum several times a year. We enjoy the walk around the museum as well. Seasonally, there are special movie events that showcase wonderful movies. This is also one of my favorite places to take my out-of-town visitors.