“Over Priced!”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 1,455 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's Raleigh, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the Crabtree Valley Mall on Glenwood Ave, near North Raleigh, Country Club Hills, and Cameron Village.
North Carolina
“Over Priced!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service was excellent! The food was ok! The wine was delicious! My two year old son got a cup of milk that cost $3.50 and an order of fries that cost $9.95. It would have been helpful if our server would have recommended the kids meal which was $12.95. I ordered a well done steak and requested no pink, My steak came to me with some pink. The server took it back and the steak was cooked longer. This time my potatoes were too hard.

• Visited June 2013

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing dining experience! Use the Wine iPad!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I selected Fleming by the TripAdvisor reviews - looking for a great restaurant in Raleigh. This was certainly it!

The warm bread, Brie en Croute, spicy shrimp, and filet options were delightful. I used the wine iPad to help guide my selections (wicked fun!) but ended up trusting the knowledgable advice of my waiter and was thrilled with the results.

Yes, it's pricy. But worth every penny if you're looking for something memorable!

• Visited May 2013
Miami, FL
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were a large group. Most were very happy with their food. I had the salmon which was excellent. Service was very good. Decor was nice with very low lighting.

Visited May 2013
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Fleming's”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Always excellent food and service. Knowledgable wine manager and excellent selection. Great brunches and special bar values.

• Visited January 2013
“Underwhelming experience!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

For a special occasion with friends we picked Fleming's to celebrate. They had never been there and it was going to be our treat so our expectations were high. For one of the most expensive meals I have ever had I could not have been more disappointed. What was lacking was not only the quality of the food but also the service.

What really failed were the steaks, the quality of the beef was great (wouldn’t say exceptional) but they came out barely warm, from what was supposed to be a 1600 degree searing process. And the plates they warned us not to touch due to the extreme heat were dishwasher warm, no more. When my friend asked for his steak to be heated they asked if he would prefer a warm steak or a properly cooked steak. When he said he would prefer both they reluctantly said we’ll see what we can do. The second attempt was just right, so why was the standard for preparation not there the first go around.

And the service, dirty plates, bowels, glasses were not picked up. Wine glasses never filled and unless being asked if there was anything else the server was absent. When the manager came but to check up on the experience she did not apologize nor did she seem to notice all the dirty plates or empty wine glasses.

When things are slow I would expect for a business to improve quality and service, not to disappoint the customer due to an extreme lack of attention. I have eaten at Fleming's several times over the past year and find this experience inexcusable. For what was supposed to be an excellent night out my friend said next time we can go to the Outback. How embarrassing!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chasmo101

Been to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!