“Party like a rockstar!!!”
Review of Solas

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glenwood and Tucker
Transit: The R Line: Glenwood Avenue at Tucker Street
Description: Solas Dine|Lounge|Rooftop. Unlike any other establishment in the Triangle, Solas offers three levels of dining and entertainment. Solas has a wonderful outdoor patio flowing into a warm inviting main dining room and bar area. The 2nd level transitions to an ultra-lounge with stunning decor, two private dining rooms, and low-profile seating around a dance floor that peeks into the first floor dining room. The Solas roof deck is an oasis escape with relaxing private lounge areas overlooking Glenwood South. The Solas ambiance is perfect for all your needs, from a first date to a business dinner in our private dining room to a relaxing evening with cocktails and champagne on the rooftop.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Danced all night! Fun atmosphere, some typical club behavior as far as guys and girls hooking up but no childish drama. Grown and sexy night. Bartenders have fast and courteous service. Great ladies night out. Will go back!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I looked this place up on line and after reading the great reviews i thought it would be nice to go one evening for cocktails on the roof lounge. At first it was quite pleasant, it was fairly empty but a lovely view and good lighting. The service was slow even though there were only a handful of people in the place. However, we weren’t put off by this...until..... I sat down on one of the lounge couches to enjoy the view and the cocktail. At that point a huge cockroach ran across the floor inches from my feet!! To give them a bit of credit these things can fly so i thought it must have been a one-off. I told the waitress about it and she replied with "ewww" and ran back behind the bar. Seriously? Anyway, i went and relocated by the bar so it wouldn’t return and run across my feet. THEN as i turned to where i was just sitting there were two running back and forth. By that point i had had enough. This was no fluke. This place has serious bug problems and I’m so happy i didn’t eat dinner there. I count even finish the rest of my drink. I imagine when the place is busy and there are people standing up drinking no one will realize. This place is horrible and unhygienic and I certainly won’t be drinking or eating here in the future.

3  Thank Travel_Princess121
stacibarfield, Manager at Solas, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

As much as I dislike this review and would love for you to take it down....we appreciate the feedback. The Solas Rooftop Lounge is an outdoor venue and, like all outdoor venues, we battle pests year round. Fruit flies and bees during the Summer, Palmettos and Mosquitoes in the Fall. We do our best to contain this problem, using a year round pest control service. I can assure you that we far surpass the health-code standards set in North Carolina and have an "A" score that we proudly display at our front door. This being said, I have already put in a phone call to our pest control service to address this issue and would like to invite you back to the Rooftop to inspect the area again. Please let me know if you will be in the area soon so that I may treat you to a drink after we work out our bugs- pun intended.

Lauren DeAlto
Solas Dine.Lounge.Roof

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Solas offers good food with an exceptional atmosphere. While I find it to be a little pricey for the quality, I've still had a few good breakfasts/dinners there.

stacibarfield, Manager at Solas, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant on TripAdvisor. We believe that your review will contribute to our growing success and help us to understand the needs of our guests.

I would welcome the opportunity to meet you next time you visit Solas. Please ask for me or call me to make your next reservation.

Dan Yeager
Corporate Executive Chef
Solas Dine.Lounge.Rooftop
(919)755-0755

Reviewed August 22, 2012

From the time you walk in the doors you know this will be a unique evening. From the high ceilings to the sheers suspended to divide the dining tables, the restaurant is huge but feels intimate. We shared a Hot Rock appetizer which was fun and interesting. Our entrée was the filet mignon which was so tender, it didn't require a steak knife. We took our server`s advice and tried the smores dessert which was delicious!
Everything just seemed sexy, the atmosphere, presentation of the food of each dish, which was artistically done. Solas is a definite do again!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Definitely will be back again. My friend told me about this place and we went. Great service nice decor and good dj. I was home on military leave and went on a wednesday night. The staff really took care of me for being military which is a huge plus. The drinks were pretty strong which is hard to find, even thought the drinks are small. Everything is pretty cheap compared to most places in raleigh which is another plus. It was packed for a wednesday night and i had a blast. The dj played the right songs at the right time so i was dancing (even though i cant dance well). Overall it was great and i will be back when home on leave

Hey Army Guy,

Thank you for coming out to Solas on your time off. We appreciate your patronage and your service to our country.

Please let me know the next time your at Solas so that I can introduce myself!

Lauren DeAlto
Solas Dine.Lounge. Roof

(919) 917-8663

Been to Solas? Share your experiences!