“One of my favorite parks for biking”
Review of Umstead State Park

Umstead State Park
Ranked #6 of 150 things to do in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandwiched between downtown Raleigh and the airport, this oasis of green features a stand of 300+ year-old hardwood trees, more than 32 miles of hiking, biking and horseback riding trails, camp sites and lots more for nature lovers.
Wailuku, Hawaii
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“One of my favorite parks for biking”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

lots of nice, wide trails that are a good workout. Great place to just go for a long walk, have a picnic and rejuvinate.

Visited November 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Walking Trails”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hiking and biking trails in Umstead Park are well maintained and an instant relief from the business world. I particularly like the trail along Crabtree Creek. It is no longer maintained but is easy to find and as scenic as a woodland trail can be. The fall color is terrific. My favorite time for going to the park is just after a snow.

Visited November 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Fantastic place - great food, great location and really nice spa. Expensive but worth every bit of what they ask you to pay.

Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful and picturisque”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Today on Sunday we decided to take a tour of this beautiful State Park. Due to approaching winter, the trees look more beautiful with multi-colour leaves scattered over the ground.

We walked for around 30 mins from the State Park Office. There are many trails and camps inside the park. its a very peaceful place, though I could not hear any chirping birds or other animals. I wanted to spot at least a raccoon as I have seen many death raccoons hit by car on Glenwood Ave.

On our quest for the lake, we realized that we took a wrong turn and hence we drove to the other road that led to the beautiful Lake. Its a well maintained and beautiful park. You can easily see many bikers and hikers exploring the park. There is a picnic spot as well, the lake has some water sports facilities but I could not see anyone there, perhaps due to October month. If you love hiking and biking, you can spend whole day here or night for camping. However for people like us 2-3hrs are enough to drive and walk around.

Overall, its a nice place to explore with your family and friends. There is no entry fee for this park.

Visited October 2012
Durham, NC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Every time is a good time!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a great park! Hiking, biking, running, fishing, picnicing, camping....you name it! Umstead has it all for a great outdoor experience. Many, many trails to choose from; every time I go to Umstead I am pleased. Fun for couples, friends, families, or alone. You will be happy you spent the day with Mother Nature.

Visited June 2012

Been to Umstead State Park? Share your experiences!