“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #40 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall was a very pleasant experience. Nice breakfast with healthy options, although a couple times the pancake maker wasn't working, and no fresh coffee. We had a king room with a balcony over looking the pool. The room and pool was very clean. Only thing I wished for was a fridge or microwave, but we only stayed for 2 days, so didn't affect us too much. Great central location for visiting Raleigh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North, I appreciated all of the positive feedback that you provided to us, We have recently renovated and are very excited about all the changes. One item you mentioned was the pancake machine. This is a new device that we recently added to our Breakfast area. I will share your comments with our attendant and confirm that they are well aware of how to operate and trouble shoot any issues that may arise. I hope you will stay with us again when you visit Raleigh.

Michael Dillon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Raleigh
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had the fastest check in and check out that I've ever experienced. Very clean and comfortable. Wonderful choices for breakfast. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked clean. I would stay again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Kristine H
Thank your for the kind words regarding your recent stay. Our Housekeeping Department works very diligently to keep the Hotel in the best possible condition. We have recently renovated our Hotel and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've stayed at the Best Western Raleigh North on Capital Boulevard several times in the last few years. I like the location. It's convenient to downtown and to concerts at the Walnut Creek amphitheater. I've haven't had any problems with the staff. The rooms are decent- clean and well maintained. The outdoor pool is maintained well too. The complaint I have from my recent stay is the ice machine. There are two main buildings on either side of the office and there is only one ice machine in the first building for the entire hotel. If the hotel is nearly full the machine can't supply enough ice for the guests. And if you are in the second building this is even more of an annoyance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Raleigh North Downtown. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works very hard to maintain and clean the whole hotel and pool area. I apologize for the Ice Machine not working during your stay. We attempted to fix the machine but it was broken beyond repair and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately this is item that needs to be special ordered and delivered. I hope you will stay with again in the future when you visit Raleigh again.

Raleigh
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We did enjoy our stay, but within an hour of being there house keeping walkin in on me while I was naked. The free breakfast ran out of food on Sunday. We also put up our thing on the door to have the room cleaned Saturday morning which never happened. Clean linens, clean restroom though...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North Downtown. I was pleased that you felt the room and linens were clean and met your expectations. I have met with our Housekeeping Manager to review the confusion with your service and I apologize that they walked in on you while you were undressed. That should not have happened and we will take additional steps in training our Housekeepers to avoid this confusion in the future. I hope you will stay at our hotel the next time you visit Raleigh.