Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
$209
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$114
All reviewsdunkin donutsroom was cleanraleigh northeasy accessyogurthousekeeping staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againfirst floorfree breakfastenjoyed my stayamauryinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My family & I traveled to Raleigh in search of rental homes in the area & decided to blindly pick a hotel rather than reserving before we came. The location was right off the highway and directly beside a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins and tons of shopping centers all around. So the location was convenient. The young lady who checked us in was extremely friendly and the lobby looked clean. Our room was room 230 and immeditaly after stepping off onto the floor the hallway smelled musky and a bit of smoke. The room was fine in size, but was dusty in places most people wouldn't think to check (lamps, top of the headboard, behind the tv, etc), a few cracks in the walls/ceilings, bathroom had some dirt (possibly mold?) in the shower, not much but enough to notice. The water pressure was good though. The refrigerator is small but adequate. The air in the room would not work at all. Everytime we turned the air on it would cut off and despite it being Jan 31/Feb 1 it was hott! It made it extremely uncomfortable and I didn't get any sleep. The beds were a little hard, but fine, I suppose that's a personal preference. The tv's had the hook ups (the red/yellow/white ones) for like games and what not, but the tv remote nor anywhere on the tv allowed it to be changed over to video to allow my little brother to bring his x-box that he'd brought along. The breakfast was included and was small but good. You could make a belgium waffle, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels and juice/coffee/hot chocolate. Also, our room had a balcony, which was great!

The price was good, but what you got for it not so much. If they upgraded a little and fixed a few things I might stay again, but not if they leave it as is.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. We appreciate that you went in to detail about the issues that you had. I apologize for the air conditioning unit not working to your satisfaction. It was mild during your stay so it is critical that the units work correctly any time of the year. I will personally inspect that room to make sure it is fixed so it will not inconvenience any future guests. I also appreciate the comments on the room cleanliness. I will remind our staff to go into greater detail when cleaning and not to forget certain areas that are often overlooked by guests. We do plan on upgrading our Hotel with many new and exciting changes to our Rooms and Breakfast. We have already begun these changes and are very excited to hear our guests feedback. If you plan on returning to Raleigh, please contact me directly and I will personally make sure that your stay is satisfactory.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here after seeing a show in Durham, but also to stop on the way to Richmond, VA. It was clean & comfortable thats all I wanted.

• Stayed: January 2012
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments regarding recent your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. Our staff takes the cleanliness standards very seriously and we participate in additional training classes to make sure we are staying ahead of the Best Western Standards. We hope you visit us again on your next visit to Raleigh.

Best Western Raleigh

Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here when taking my stepson back to college. The continental breakfast was great, room was clean, the hotel was very quiet. I would definately stay here again when visiting my stepson. It's very close to restaurants, and shops.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you for posting your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I was very pleased that you received excellent service. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of all of the guests who stay with us. I appreciate your feedback because the staff is very receptive to the comments that our guests leave us and we take these comments to continue to improve our hotel. I hope you return to our hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel for my work and this hotel is at a great location. It is close to downtown and shopping as well as many different types of places to eat. I have stayed many times and each time rooms have been clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel and location. Our housekeeping staff does a great job keeping our Hotel clean and I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Hotel is clean, reasonably priced and easy location. I reserved a king suite and was to include a mini fridge and microwave. King suites were not available at check in, due to water damage from a roof leaking..... Ok. We received a king room with no microwave, no fridge. We could have moved to a smoking room but chose not.
Be sure to request a room set back from Capital Blvd to avoid road noise.... I knew that one in advance.
Location is great with a dunkin donuts, waffle house and other choices readily available.
Staff is very helpful and friendly. Complimentary breakfast was a good variety of waffles, cereal, bagels, coffee, juices, oatmeal, fruits, yogurts, hot breakfast sandwiches and pastries.

• Stayed: November 2011
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I apologize that you did not get the microwave and Fridge that you expected. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff and breakfast. We are trying very hard to put out an exceptional continental breakfast. I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Raleigh and I will personally make sure you have everything you requested in your room.