“Basic but clean”

Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here after seeing a show in Durham, but also to stop on the way to Richmond, VA. It was clean & comfortable thats all I wanted.

• Stayed: January 2012
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments regarding recent your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. Our staff takes the cleanliness standards very seriously and we participate in additional training classes to make sure we are staying ahead of the Best Western Standards. We hope you visit us again on your next visit to Raleigh.

Best Western Raleigh

Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here when taking my stepson back to college. The continental breakfast was great, room was clean, the hotel was very quiet. I would definately stay here again when visiting my stepson. It's very close to restaurants, and shops.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you for posting your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I was very pleased that you received excellent service. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of all of the guests who stay with us. I appreciate your feedback because the staff is very receptive to the comments that our guests leave us and we take these comments to continue to improve our hotel. I hope you return to our hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel for my work and this hotel is at a great location. It is close to downtown and shopping as well as many different types of places to eat. I have stayed many times and each time rooms have been clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel and location. Our housekeeping staff does a great job keeping our Hotel clean and I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Hotel is clean, reasonably priced and easy location. I reserved a king suite and was to include a mini fridge and microwave. King suites were not available at check in, due to water damage from a roof leaking..... Ok. We received a king room with no microwave, no fridge. We could have moved to a smoking room but chose not.
Be sure to request a room set back from Capital Blvd to avoid road noise.... I knew that one in advance.
Location is great with a dunkin donuts, waffle house and other choices readily available.
Staff is very helpful and friendly. Complimentary breakfast was a good variety of waffles, cereal, bagels, coffee, juices, oatmeal, fruits, yogurts, hot breakfast sandwiches and pastries.

• Stayed: November 2011
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I apologize that you did not get the microwave and Fridge that you expected. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff and breakfast. We are trying very hard to put out an exceptional continental breakfast. I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Raleigh and I will personally make sure you have everything you requested in your room.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Hot buffet breakfast is hot oatmeal and frozen egg/sausage sandwhiches the size of your eyeball that you can pop in the microwave! The "business room" for you to use is an out of order computer that is in the main lobby right beside the main door; great place if you want to be the victim of identity theft! The room was fairly clean. Foundation was left all over the bathroom sink. Overall... if you have another option, go with it!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DavisFamilyBayboro

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I apologize that we did not meet the expectations that you have when staying at a Best Western. We are upgrading our Breakfast to include many new and exciting items. Our goal is to take the comments our guests give us and put their requested items on our continental breakfast. Our computer is situated near the Front Desk because of space limitations in our lobby. We take the safety and security of our guests and staff very seriously and I can assure you that there is not any past or present cases of Identity theft at our hotel. I hope you will come back and give our hotel another chance and I will personally work to make sure you have a great stay.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff members were very pleasant and cooperative in answering any questions. The hotel location was perfect. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I was pleased to read all of your positive comments regarding the Hotel and staff. We take all of the comments we get on Trip Advisor and use them as a training tool for our staff. I hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Raleigh.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We arrived to this hotel late-night and received a less-than-welcoming greeting. Not rude, but not pleasing. On the other hand, the room was nice and spacious. Price was good for the room received. The continental breakfast seemed less than par but please respect that I only chose to consume a waffle and coffee. I would stay in the hotel again - however, I would expect better customer service and I would not bet on a great breakfast. Again, I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your response regarding your stay. I was not pleased to hear that the service you received at check in was not up to the levels that you would expect for a stay at a Best Western. I apologize about the service and will personally work to improve the interactions that our Front Desk staff has with our guests. We are bringing many new improvements to our breakfast. We are phasing out some items and replacing it with newer and fresher items and we have already started this process. I hope you will visit us again on you next visit to Raleigh.