“I ENJOYED MY STAY!!!!”

Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Boston, Massachusetts
“I ENJOYED MY STAY!!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stay at this Best Western for 3 days.. I enjoyed the stay. The front desk agent (Shyreeta) she was totally AWESOME... She give me and my family names to good places to hang out. She is really good at what she does. I enjoy my stay at the hotel my room was nice and clean. And there was always fresh towels in my room. I really enjoyed my stay here. And I cant wait to come back again. TOTALLY AWESOME STAFF....

Room Tip: Every room has a balony. So if there is no smoking rooms. You can sit outside and enjoy the weather...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you very much for adding your comments about your positive stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I was very pleased to read about the positve interactions you had with Sarita at our Front Desk. I am very happy that Sarita left a great impression with you. We set very high standards in the hiring and training of all of our Front Desk staff and your comments tell us that our hard work is paying off. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the very near future.

Best Western Raleigh North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Booked through Orbitz. Reserved king suite, gave me regular king. It was ridiculously loud right next to a main road. Next night, moved to suites building, behind the main building. Walls and doors were so thin, I heard everything all night long, from my loud neighbors across the hall playing music, to the folks running up and down the hallway talking loudly. There was a hole in my door. Pubic hair on washcloth folded at sink. Long hairs on shower wall stuck. Carpet was filthy. Just a horrible experience, wouldn't recommend to anyone. Only thing good about it was the location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for your recent review. I am very disappointed to hear about your unsatisfactory stay recently at the Best Western Raleigh North. We spend many extra hours every month to make sure our cleanliness standards exceed the expectations that our Guests expect when staying at a Best Western. I apologize that we clearly did not meet your expectations. We will use your comments to provide additional training to our staff. We will be making some new and exciting changes to our hotel in the next few months to improve our Guest Satisfaction. If your travel brings you back to the Raleigh area, we would greatly appreciate a chance to change your opinion of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally handle your request so that you have an enjoyable stay.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Raleigh North from August 31st.until the 7th of sept.and i must say ,my visit was just wonderful .Reservation staff were very helpful ,my room was comfortable ,clean and had all that i had expected in it like a refrigerator and microwave,plenty of fresh towels .I had a room on the third floor and it was so peaceful i had time to really relax and reflect.The continental breakfast you had so many choices and i liked that .Staff over all were very pleasant and i can't say a negative thing about this hotel from my experience.

Room Tip: I would say the 2nd or 3rd floors would be ideal
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to fill out the review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2011

we love staying at Best Westerns but not this one
we made the reservations thinking it was like any other BW there was no refrigerator no micro - the TV only had local channels -- if you could get them just right.
the continental breakfast - ugh

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Many of our rooms do have Refrigerators and Microwaves and I apologize that you did not get one of those rooms. We are also actively seeking suggestions from our guests to continually improve our breakfast presentation to meet the likes and needs of our clientele.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 919-872-5000.

Amarillo
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Breakfast included in the room was a plus. So was the express check out. I arrived late at night and the front desk staff was warm and seemed sincere. After my flight I wanted to just go to bed and the process was quick, the bed was clean and comfortable. nice experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review for our property. I was very happy to read your comments about our warm and sincere Front Desk Staff as well as the cleanliness of the room.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 919-872-5000.

Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here in August, 2011. We waited half an hour for our rooms to be ready. When we finally entered our "suite" in the annex building, the horrible stench was overwhelming. It was supposed to be a non smoking room and reeked of smoke and God knows what else. I opened the window to air the place out and was greeted with an overwhelming smell of vomit beneath the window. The couch, barely a loveseat, was stained and did not pull out into a bed. In addition, a dog was heard barking loudly in one of the nearby rooms and smoke was pouring out of another. Additionally, our 13 year old and we were treated to ladies of the evening passing us in the hall. The carpet was filthy and stained. We went back to the desk and checked out immediately, staying at the Wingate by Wyndham across the street. We felt like we died and went to heaven over there after this dump. Best Western should be ashamed to attach their name to this glorified brothel. Read the other reviews; we were not the only ones with this horrible experience. Hopefully the board of health will shut this mess down.

Room Tip: Do not stay here; you are better off in your car
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Radius65
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
I would like to sincerly apologize that your stay was completely unsatisfactory. The staff and Management at the our hotel take the cleanliness, safety and security of the hotel very seriously. I wish I had the opportunity to assist you during your stay and try to move you to a room that would have better met your needs. We will be doing some renovations in the near future to insure that all of the rooms meet the standards that guests of Best Western Hotels expect. We are also working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff with additional training and inspection on the rooms. The staff is trained to look out for any illegal activity and we have a great relationship with the Raleigh Police Department to keep the guests, staff and property safe. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your issues in more detail with you. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel directly.

Greenville, SC
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Due to a reservations issue at another are hotel we were in need of a room for 1 night. Area hotels were full due to a national softball tournament in the area. We found a room here for the night needed. The ground floor room was a bit musty smelling and the carpet was quite dated and stained. Since it was only a 1 night stay and our normal Raleigh area hotels were full we kept the room. Big mistake! My wife awoke the next morning covered in bites. We were curiuos as to what they were and research revealed she had been bitten by bed bugs. The itchiness and tell tale "meal tracks" pattern of the bites confirmed this was definitely bed bugs. We travel extensvely and are Silver, Gold, and Platinum members of so many Hotel chains I can't keep up with it all but never in all my years of traveling have I or we encountered this.

I am contacting the hotel to advise them of the issue. We decontaminated all our clothing and luggage to prevent infestation in our home.

Beware!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
BWRaleigh, General Manager at Best Western Raleigh North-Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Mr. Davis,

We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Best Western Raleigh North. I want to apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. I wish I had the opportunity to discuss your issues with the room while you were staying at the Hotel. We take any type of problems at our hotel very seriously. Our staff is highly trained to look out for any insect problems in the rooms. We also have a professional Extermination company that services all of the Property (as most Hotels do), on a regular basis to prevent any of these issues. We have gone back to investigate the room you stayed in and did not find any bed bug activity. Regardless of that fact, we would love to have the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at the Hotel to discuss your stay and a way to remedy your concerns about our hotel.