“No Complaints, Convenient Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Orlando, Florida
“No Complaints, Convenient Location”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in early February. The room was very clean, bathroom nice, good breakfast, helpful front desk, easy parking. It's right across the street from an enormous mall with a ton of food options. There is a lot of traffic in the immediate area because of the mall but it's not a big deal. The hotel is very quiet in spite of the traffic because it's a bit removed from the main drag. Trips downtown and to the RBC Center (where the Hurricanes play) were between 10 and 15 minutes and super easy to navigate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
NYC
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Value-wise, this place is a great deal. Free breakfast - nothing fancy (cereal, yogurt, bread-stuff) - and free wifi. Location is relatively easy to get to and apparently near a mall that people like. There are rooms that face the back and the highway and they are quite loud. I'd recommend against that so ask for a front-facing room.
The rooms are clean and it looks all new.
Issues? Well, this is a budget hotel. Towels are a bit thin. Bath products are a bit sad looking. The desk chair seemed pretty flimsy. The AC/Heat unit seemed to have a mind of it's own. Sheets are clean, but not overly soft. Bathroom area is a bit tight. The fan in the 'water closet' is clanky and loud.

As I said, it's clean. The staff was friendly and responsive. It's a budget hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank OhFranklin
zva317, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on TripAdvisor and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree Valley. We regret that you didn't have a more positive experience here.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid highway noise. We understand, this is not a problem you should have experienced and are also working diligently to get the heating/cooling unit and bathroom fan repaired or replaced in that room and in any room if it is not in good working order.

We are also very appreciative of your compliments on our staff and the rest of the property. Our property recently underwent a full renovation and we are in the process of upgrading our linens including towels as well. We also have upgraded our breakfast and offer a full hot complimentary breakfast complete with eggs and sausage in addition to other items.

Once again we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope you will allow us again an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I will never stay at this Fairfield Inn again. Upon arrival, the only things I requested was a quiet room. With Lupus, I have to get sleep or I suffer physically. I was put in a room that, I discovered in the middle of the night, was next to a door with buzzers. So, from 2:00 am on, I got to listen to people going in and out and holding the door open longer, causing more buzzing. When I told the woman at the front desk about the problem,all I got was a smarmy "so sorry". She then had the audacity to blame me for not getting up during the middle of the night, getting dressed and re-packed and coming to the front desk. For a room change. Seriously? Fairfield's 'satisfaction guarantee' is a crock.

Room Tip: Find a hotel that cares about its guests. This one is not it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
zva317, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree Valley, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree. We are very sorry that your experience at our hotel was less than satisfactory. We strive to impress the guest with exemplary guest service and in your case we failed to do that. I have used your letter to impress upon my staff the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service. We take your feedback very seriously. Consequently, we have addressed the issues stated in your review very carefully and have implemented proper measures to ensure that we are able to exceed guest expectations.
Once again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback.
Zachary Anderton / General Manager.
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We've stayed at this Fairfield many many times over the years. And keep coming back.

The check-in process was perfect. I felt welcomed and the staff is always wonderful.

The lobby area has been remodeled and it looks terrific. Lots more tables for lounging and for breakfast.

The room was clean and comfortable. (Although why the AC/heater was set to cool when we arrived when it was 40 degrees outside.)

The location is terrific, right above the Crabtree Valley Mall and quick access to Glenwood Avenue heading into town or to the Beltway.

I love staying here and typically it is one of the best values in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davechri
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My Mom and I stopped her with my Jack Russell on the way to Georgia and again on the return trip. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Even my little dog couldn't sniff out anything left behind! The complimentary breakfast was good. We were able to take the breakfast back to our rooms with no problem and then we packed it to go on the way home. Plenty of options for a quick meal or sit-a-while. I was really impressed with the ample space to walk the dog and I was given a first floor room without having to remind them I was bringing my pet. The front desk staff was extremely friendly both times I encountered them. It is not easy to travel with a dog and some places claim to be "pet friendly" but drop the ball. I am very pleased that this hotel seems to take their policy seriously. It is expensive to bring your dog but when I walk into a pet friendly room and there is no evidence of a pet there before me, I am extremely satisfied!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family