Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as a convenient location to PNC arena. I was overwhelmed with the hospitality of the staff here. From the early check in, to the friendly maid, and the very welcoming manager, we felt like guests of an old friend. Let me start by saying, the outside appearance of the hotel is quite average, but once inside it is a truly beautiful hotel. There is a very large fireplace in the common area with plenty of comfortable sitting options for the morning breakfast or evening reception. This area overlooks the outdoor patio. The outdoor patio is fantastic! Very comfortable with a television, fireplace, and an outdoor grill. It was too cool to use the pool this time of year, but I'm sure we will have a chance this summer. Our room was HUGE and I was honestly shocked as I'd never stayed at a Hampton Inn before (that I can remember). I asked the maid where I could buy water and the manager promptly brought us 6 bottles to put into our fridge... what a surprise! For the low price of this hotel I am shocked at the quality. We have plans to stay here again in May. I am truly looking forward to it!

Room Tip: We were on a top floor at the end of the hallway and it was very quiet. It was a suite also, so for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2013

You could not ask for a better value for families. Full size Fridge, Table for 6, full living room with brand new 42" flatscreen with HD. Free full breakfast. Separate sleeping area. Beautiful salt water pool with nice outdoor lounge. Free Happy hour. Staff was wonderful. If you are visiting colleges in area (NC State 7 min, UNC 15, Duke 20) a perfect location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

north carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The suite I had requested was available. It was in pretty good shape, with all amenities. The hotel has a beautiful back courtyard with a fireplace, pool (though closed) and great seating. The front desk staff was very friendly as was the housekeeping. I had pre-paid in full for the room so when I checked out I made sure everything was covered. Now I have found an extra $50 pending charge on my credit card? I brought no pets and did not smoke so hopefully this is just some random thing they do that will not go through???? On a positive note, this hotel is extremely close and convenient to Raleigh Neurology Associates and I was able to make an early appt in plenty of time.I will most likely use them again when necessary. Unless the random $50 charge takes place.

Room Tip: Lots of good restaurants and shopping nearby. I-40 is only a right turn away! My room was on the 5th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay when traveling in the Raleigh-Cary area. I was very pleased with my experience. Upon arrival, I was welcomed with a smile and a sense of concern. I had requested an early check-in before a mid-afternoon business meeting and my request was granted. The housekeeping staff honored my request and removed items containing feathers, as I am allergic to them. Everything was excellent, from check-in to check-out. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a new facility and is immaculate. The people at the desk and throughout the facility are very friendly and accomodating. They also have a breakfast buffet and coffee and tea 24 hours a day. Indoor pool with nice seating area outside.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the front and was great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After a horrible week taking my family to Gatlinburg the most commercialized city I have ever seen, we were tired and could not make it all the way home. We decided to stay in this Hampton Inn. After a week of horrible experiences...my family almost cried when we walked in and saw how beautiful it was. Ok...so we walk up to the counter to the two most sweetest attendants we have come across in a long time....check in was a breeze....when we opened the door to our room, cleanest most softest bed sheets...impeccable clean room....we just threw ourselves on the bed and were so thankful....within 5 minutes of checking in, we get a call " hello we just wanted to make sure your room was to your liking?" I could not believe it.... GREAT JOB guys....we will definitely be back...THANK YOU!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is one of the nicest, if not THE nicest, Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at. Not only are the room spacious, but they are quiet, clean, and the staff is so very friendly. The patio area is wonderful, as well -- love the fireplace and TV outside. I will definitely plan to visit this location again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends