“Nice Hotel, but...”

Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newport News, Virginia
“Nice Hotel, but...”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice Hotel, but a bit lacking in room cleanliness. Area was under construction, but slept like a baby. Had pets with us as part of a military move, and was surprised to have a room on second floor. Staff were non-responsive when I told them about the room cleanliness issue, so I was quite disappointed by that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
tarboro
Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was a nice and clean room. Quick service if needed. Just a nice environment. would recomend to anyone needing a nice and clean place to stay. Close to a gas station, convenient store and eating places.

Room Tip: Location should be close to eating places and easy to get to. The appearance always helps me when I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Room was great. Had the Jacuzzi suite for under $100/night. Great, friendly staff. Quiet rooms. I would definitely stay here again in the future. It's a little difficult if you are not driving, but NC is not known for it's expansive public transportation. Room had clean kitchen with full fridge, large flat screen TV's and was super clean each day.

Room Tip: If you can get the good rate on the suite, go for it...you will be pleased
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff, comfy beds, clean... rooms bit small and downtown is close in mileage but a bit out of the way from main eating areas and scenic stops. The hotel staf is super nice, beautiful fireplace in common area and great art. Beds were a bit small for our taste... seemed like full beds andnot queen.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank nemo_caspase16
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We were very impressed with the Hampton Inn when we spent one night there during our holiday travels. The location is super convenient, right off of I-40. Check-in was a breeze - I had booked the room through Expedia and just had to sign the room receipt when we arrived. The rooms were probably among the cleanest we've ever stayed in - nice crisp, white bed linens and fluffy white towels. Breakfast, which was included in our $79/night rate, was good - I wasn't a big fan of the eggs and home fries, but there was plenty of variety among the cold items. We were very lucky to find such a great deal and will certainly keep this location in mind next time we are in the Raleigh area!

• Stayed December 2012
LEXINGTON
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I arrived late for my two night stay. The desk staff was prompt with check in. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. The hotel management was helpful with some special requests my group had. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WILLIAMSBURG
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was a very nice hotel that was reasonably priced and in a very good location. I know someone said the entry was hard to get to but I didn't think so. The breakfast was an awesome spread, and the staff were great to deal with.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)? Share your experiences!