Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I arrived late for my two night stay. The desk staff was prompt with check in. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. The hotel management was helpful with some special requests my group had. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was a very nice hotel that was reasonably priced and in a very good location. I know someone said the entry was hard to get to but I didn't think so. The breakfast was an awesome spread, and the staff were great to deal with.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the past several years while visiting family in the area -- up to two sometimes three times per year. The lady in charge of the breakfast area was very friendly --- I would actually look forward to seeing her at my visits as we got on a first name basis. However, this year when I needed a place to stay in May 2012 the hotel was full due to graduation. When I booked in the spring I was informed that they could not accomodate me towards the end of the visit, but seeing that I was a return customer they were confident they could find something. When I called a few weeks before my visit this turned out to not be the case. They did not offer to locate another room within another Hilton. This took me by surprise! I did locate another Hilton (the Garden Inn) in the same proximity. I realize that perhaps the hotels are run by different folks, but one would think the hotels running under the same name would work with the other Hilton Hotels in the area should they not be able to accomodate a potential customer. I know I would run a business this way! I did mention the above issue to the folks at the desk but I think they were just happy they had a full hotel and that was it. Based on the above, I feel the hotel needs to revisit their registration processes to be more accomodating / helpful for all potential Hilton stays, not just their specific hotel. I did enjoy staying at this hotel year after year, but based on what occurred in May 2012, I believe I may have just found a replacement Hilton --- the Garden Inn --- excellent!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding and had a great stay. We had a suite and it was huge. Had a full kitchen and a whirl pool bath. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

close to i-40
Great complimentary wine and beer. In the morning the maintenance man went into my room while I was in the fitness room, saying "he thought I checked out" and brought my cell phone and glasses to the front desk.
He did not say "Oh, I'm sorry."And it was only 10am.
I was nonplussed because I don't like my room entered by hotel staff without my permission.
A poor reflection on Hilton

Room Tip: heaterf in 120 was not working
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Conveniently located close to the freeway makes it easy to get just about anywhere easily. Rooms are spacious and clean. They offer complimentary wine and beer with some light snacks Monday to Thursday evenings. It's quite pleasant to sit in comfortable public areas sipping a glass of wine and enjoying relaxing just a bit. Staff is friendly and offer great service. One of my favorite Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. Comfortable, spacious rooms. Dreamlike sleep in a wonderful bed. Numerous channels for your television enjoyment and an unbelievably hearty, free breakfast. My stay here was wonderful and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you get a suite, you will feel like you are living in an apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Travelers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Embassy Suites by Hilton Raleigh - Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh Crabtree Valley

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)? Share your experiences!