“Exceptional Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 5, 2008

I've stayed at this Hampton for a number of years. Always receive good service and a Hilton Diamond upgrade when available. Superb breakfast , very large lobby eating area. My favorite Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)

Reviewed January 6, 2008

This is a very clean, well-appointed hotel. The lobby / common area is very spacious with a large stone fireplace and lots of oak trim. It had various sitting areas and was quite cozy (in a ski-lodge like way). The rooms were clean and well-maintained. The breakfast selection was (like most Hampton Inns) large and of good quality. My only complaint would be that the staff was courteous, but not very friendly (hence the rating of 4 instead of 5).

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2007

I am a big fan of the Hampton Inn hotel chain. That said, I'm rather surprised this particular hotel is rated as the top hotel in all of Raleigh. This property is indeed nice, though I've stayed at other locations which were - for example - better decorated. I felt the breakfast here wasn't quite as good as what I've experienced elsewhere within the chain. The staff was quite friendly, which is always a huge plus. The only show stopper for me with the Raleigh location was their high speed internet. I lost my connection so often that in the end, I didn't even both trying to log on anymore. Had I not been trying to get some work done during my stay - for which I needed reliable access - this wouldn't have been a problem. Perhaps they were just experiencing a bad feed from their provider, but if I have to be in Raleigh again and need good internet access, I'm not so sure I'd stay here again.

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank moodyblue
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This hotel is located about 10 mins from downtown Raleigh.

The hotel is about a 5 min ride to the RBC Center.

Hotel is nice and roomy and the very comfortable, it is located off the I-40.

It is in a very quiet area.

Breakfast area is very big and there is a business center in the lobby area for use and a printer is also available.

It is also located right next to a gas station which is a plus.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2007

I stay at many Hampton Inns for business travel and this is by far my favorite. Well-appointed, comfortable rooms (I was upgraded to a suite at no charge) and great service. The nightly cocktail reception is a nice touch. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Without a doubt this is the nicest Hampton Inn we have stayed in the past few years. The building and grounds are extremely clean and very well appointed. Beds were great. The setting is very wooded and the parking lot is well lighted. If you are staying in the Raleigh area you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2007

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Raleigh hotels
Hyatt Place Raleigh West
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh / Crabtree Valley
Hyatt House Raleigh North Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Raleigh/Cary-I-40 (PNC Arena)? Share your experiences!