Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh Crabtree Valley
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Florida
“Rough Arrival”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

The hotel was in a great location. Not the newest of Homewood Suites, but appeared in very good shape. Front desk clerk was not very friendly and they changed my rate at arrival. After driving 10 hours I really did not feeling like fighting or looking for a room elsewhere. Attitude by the clerk was take it or leave it. The room was very clean but outside in the hallway smelled like smoke. We were there for one night and just prayed it would not seep into our room. Thought they had gone smoke free. Location could not be beat with the mall across the street and its many restaurant options. Needless to say it was just an ok stay.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

I read the reviews before I travelled to the Homewood. I read that several people were very satisfied by the hotel. I was so pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. The service at this hotel was some of the best I have received at the many Hilton properties I have stayed at.

Rooms are finished to a good standard and have everything that a trav eller could possibly need. I was very comfortable and enjoyed my stay.

I come to Raleigh often from the UK and will definately stay at this hotel again. Sssh do not tell too many people or it will be full when I next need it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
PENNSYLVANIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

Great location right behind Crabtree Valley Mall. Just drive down the street and you have all the stores and restaurants you'd ever want. Nice room, kichen, sleeper sofa.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie B
Mount Carroll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

This has to be one of the nicest places I've ever stayed. Spacious suite, comfortable bed, spotlessly clean, well-equipped kitchen and business center and a great, friendly staff . Tucked away on a hill with no traffic noise. Crabtree Valley Mall is a three minute walk. Complimentary evening meal if you choose to stay in for the night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank freighterbum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

This property is great. I checked into my room, which was a queen studio. The room was fine, but the workspace was small. Since I need to do quite a bit of computer work I called the front desk and asked if there were any rooms available with a larger desk. The individual I spoke with was happy to move me into a room with much more space to "spread out".
The Crabtree Mall and a really nice running path is walking distance from the hotel.
The fitness room far surpasses most hotels in this price range. There are two updated Precor treadmills (with TV's attached!) and one Precor elliptical machine. There are weight sets available and the room was very comfortable.
The breakfast is so-so, but at least it's hot and there is a pretty good variety. The evening manager's reception meal varys from night to night, and I found the food to be adequate and satisfying. I was so busy I didn't have time to go to a restaurant so this was very convenient for me. Free beer and wine.
The property is beautiful. Trees, hilly, nice pool, and the decor is very appealing.
There are two business centers so there is no competition for for printing out directions, boarding passes, etc.
The staff was very welcoming and accommodating. My bill had some errors (three movie charges), but this was reversed immediately.
Overall this is my hotel of choice when working in the Raleigh-Durham area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

I stayed at this hotel last night with my brother and parents. We were in town for the farm show at the state fairgrounds. I booked it thru the hilton website using a AAA discount and choose the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom room. We had plenty of space and each bedroom had a 32" lcd tv and so did the living room. We didn't use the full kitchen. The reception last night was good, Bud Light on tap and various wines. They were serving spaghetti for dinner but already planned to eat at PF Changs at Crabtree Valley Mall which was adjacent to the hotel. Make sure you get Colin to be your server. He was great and made us laugh often. I still can't get over the size of the gas fireplace in the lobby, it must have been 8 feet wide and 5 feet high. Breakfast was delicious. They served scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, belgian waffles (cook yourself), cereal, juices, coffee and yogurt. The front desk staff was friendly and so were the nice ladies clearing the dishes from our table as soon as we finished with them. $224 might have been a bit high for one night but felt we saved money by eating the free breakfast and enjoying the manager's reception last night. We will return to this hotel when we visit Raleigh in the future.

• Liked — Location to interstate, mall and restaurants at the mall.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed February 2009
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Skiing4Fun
Greensboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

I booked this hotel using reward points for New Years Eve outing with my wife. Check-in was very smooth, staff was friendly and the rooms are very mordern. There are flat panel tv's in living area and bedroom. The kitchen was well equiped and clean. The evening reception was average at best but hey it is included.

There was a group of teenagers having a party around 2 AM. It was very loud but hotel took care of the issue and we slept comfortably.

• Liked — Location and up todate
  • Disliked — Noisey teens
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mel88hrman